Michaell Vick to New Orleans???

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, May 20, 2009.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Vick was just released from the slammer today. I know what you are thinking, "What a stupid thread....we have Drew Brees." Same thing I thought when I just heard Herm Edwards on this morning's Sportscenter talking to Hannah Storm. When she asked him about possible desinations for him he mentioned Jacksonville and Carolina b/c there is not alot of fan hype and media attention. He continued that the "3rd option and the wildcard option" would be the Saints. He said that although the Saints have no problems on offense, CSP would be the kind of guy to scoop up Vick and put him in a wildcat offense.

Hannah asked him if we need Michael Vick and Herm continued that he would just be another option and Sean Payton would do a great job with him.

I must admit that I think that is a loooooooooooong shot. But Herm Edwards said it on National TV so I thought during the offseason that it was worth having it's own thread.

PERSONALLY, I think CSP already has a rough time trying to find a way to use Reggie Bush. If he had Vick to add to the mix then I think his head would explode. a) I don't think it will happen and b) I don't think it'd necessarily help our offense. I hate to say it, but I think our offense is better when Reggie is NOT in the game.......same thing with Vick, I think. The Saints offense is simplified without Reggie and we just air it out. When Reggie is in the game CSP tries to do everything through Reggie and he ends up getting gobbled up by the D in most instances.

What do ya'll think......not so much as whether or not you think it will happen, but what do you think if it DID happen. Would it be good or bad for the team?

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

oh i think you are bigtime mistaken. its the easiest thing for payton to involve reggie in the offense. in fact he does it each and every play in some fashion even when he doesnt belong. you know like 4th and 1.

he has a problem alright; much like a crack addiction.

i dont see any way vick comes to new orleans. i dont think he would be fit even if he did due to it being brees' offense and the type of guy he is wouldnt allow it once sean has that discussion with him.

maybe we could just put reggie on kick and punt returns and put mv in the backfield in a split-I with a rottweiler on flank.

3. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Vick has a ways to go with Goodell before he is allowed to play. Goodell has stated he wont even look at Vicks case until his criminal punishment is concluded. I suspect that means all his required community hours as well. Add to that his bankruptcy case being in limbo makes Vicks timely return to the league difficult. I would look for 2010 as more of a likely return date if Goodell even reinstates him.

1 person likes this.
  4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i usually agree with goodell but not here. he wants vick to show more contrition? its like public apologies. all bullshiit. why make someone fake apologize or seem remorseful.

just be honest. he looks at dogs as a gardener does a crop. not likely to change it.

5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Vick should have his balls hooked to a car battery and then maybe, maybe...

He is a piece of sh!t but no doubt and probably holds the dead dogs at fault, but Vick's training sessions in sensitivity have begun if not already complete. He will find a place in the NFL but up front, goodell let vick lie to him and turned around and pissed a bag of bud waiting on his sentence. There has to be some simmer down time otherwise goodell looks like a tool and a half. Till then I wonder who is gonna pony up for his personal trainer while he waits?

I see Vick on the cover of a magazine, smiling, holding a kitty cat within a month.

1 person likes this.
  6. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Even before his dog fighting arrest, I didn't care for Vick. I don't believe he's a great QB and don't think he would survive if the NFL didn't have so many whimpy QB protection rules. If the QB has a designed running play, he should be subjected to the same rules as a RB. If Vick comes back and plays at a position other than QB, he won't get to slide anymore. It will only be a matter of time before someone knocks him out.

I especially didn't (and still don't) care for his character. We don't need him representing New Orleans and the region. We have enough clowns (Nagin, Jefferson, etc.) in the area and don't need another distraction.

Mr. Vick...good luck with another team. I hope we get to knock your block off somewhere down the road.

Saints...win with class, not at all cost!

1 person likes this.
  7. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I think this pretty much is the case right now. And some quarterbacks can take a hit like a running back or a wide receiver, they just get hit very differently. Instead of lowering their shoulder and protecting themselves on a hit, they are squaring up to throw or looking for someone downfield. I would imagine Vick can take a hit if he has too, and he will have too.

And I absolutely do not want the saints to take him.

8. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I don't see any need for Vick in New Orleans.

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

new orleans (the team AND the city) have enough problems as it is. no vick.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i agree with you, the saints are better without reggie bush, unless reggie is in the slot as a third option, or returning a punt. I also think Sean Payton should be an OC and not a head coach, i thought he should have been fired last season, but that is neither here nor there. As far as the Vick thing, i would withdraw myself from being a person who roots for the saints if they were to hire Vick. I think the team that hires him will be committing P.R. Suicide.