Miami Heat's run at 33 game winning streak

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Mar 20, 2013.

1. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

Spurs and Grizzlies both have the personnel to defeat the Heat, neither one has the personnel to defeat the Thunder. Unless Durant can elevate his game to be the same as Lebron (he's close but not there yet), the Thunder have no chance in hell.

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

It's been a good series so far. I've been slightly rooting for the Spurs but would much rather see a game down to the wire (or even the Heat forcing a Game 7) than the Spurs win in another blowout tonight.

I also had a post above about how quickly things can change if the Heat don't win it all this year. Winning a championship is never as easy as it seems.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

It don't mean a thing, if you don't win the ring.

4. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I never have liked LeBron. Go Spurs.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. fanatic

See, I'm that way about the Spurs. I don't even know why I don't like them, I just don't. Go Heat. :D

KyleK likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I don't mind Lebron, he was just a guy who never had a normal childhood so it took him longer to mature as a person. It's Dwayne Wade I can't stand.

7. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Funny how that works. I don't follow pro bball that much anymore, but, I do have a soft spot for the Spurs, simply because of David Robinson. I always had a good impression of him. I actually got to sit down with him and have a chat for about 10 minutes a few years ago and he is as humble and gracious of a human being as I have ever met. DR, good. LeBron, bad.

I hear ya. For me it started with LeBron, then when the "Fab 3" showed their asses and were gonna take over the world, that dissolved any chance of me ever liking the Heat.

8. fanatic

Now, I do like 'The Admiral', as a person. I just don't feel that same love for his team. As for Lebron, he's owed and apologized for that. I don't think he's a bad guy. But I know how it is - once you get that 'hate' for someone, it's hard to turn it around, no matter what.

9. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

What a crazy game. To see Popovich take Duncan and Parker out of the ball game at critical mass was like deja vu with the Pacers and Roy Hibbert. Lebron is so gifted and just keeps coming even when he's out of gas. True champion mentality. Looking forward to Thursday evening.