METT and the offense

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by southerntgr, May 14, 2012.

1. southerntgr

southerntgr Veteran Member

2. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

If he doesn't, there will be many calls for Les Miles head next year. 2008 results has pretty much defined the QB position and in a way made Miles gun shy at the position. He needs to get over this with Mett, and let things fall where they fall.

Kal-El012 likes this.
  3. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Here come the negatigers once again. "He's such a shitty coach. He won't throw the football! Off with his head!"

Oh and just fyi....bleacherreport is full of shit-stirring jibberish, and they do that for all teams.

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

The idea that Miles won't throw the ball is silly. He does, however, play to the strengths of his personnel.

MLUTiger, Herb and b_leblanc like this.
  5. southerntgr

southerntgr Veteran Member

It is only fair to ask this question? I don't see anything wrong with asking the question... let Mett throw. Why not?

6. b_leblanc

Because every year we have the same debate. People come on this site, run their mouths, get their feelings hurt, and leave. Les Miles doesn't throw enough. Is he gonna unleash Mett? Is he gonna unleash Jefferson? Are we gonna throw the ball more? We should throw the ball more. Run less. Run less. Run less. That play should've been a playaction. Shouldn't have ran up the middle just now.

This is the phucking Southeastern Conference, not the big 12. You control the tempo and game clock first with a sound running game and a stiff ass defense. Some people want to bitch about Les Miles' coaching/playcalling/clock management, yet look at the man's wins vs losses at LSU. Nobody who criticizes him could do better. NOBODY. Period. End of story. People who want him fired for any dumbass reason really do need to stfu cause they have no clue what the hell they're talking about.

The problem is this: people worship the man as long as he's doing well in THEIR eyes, but as soon as that confidence wanes, they're calling for his job. Really? Who the phuck are you? Answer: Nobody. My uncle has put over $5M of his own money into that university over the last 4 decades and he has ZERO sayso, but yet he does it because he loves the university.

Apologies for the rant. :p

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

And this is why there aren't many threads about Zach at the moment. There just isn't much to talk about. Much of it is speculation, and much of THAT circles back to the Miles argument. Nevermind that we flung it around like crazy in 2007.

8. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Just one question. Can you put me in touch with your uncle? o_O

9. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I've always maintained that LSU is the best coached team in all of college football !!

(Every Saturday night we have 92,000 coaches in the stands !!:))

southerntgr likes this.
  10. b_leblanc

Lol shit. The best I can get is when he sends me free tickets. I don't complain.