Megatron

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

You already threatened that. So I think my point stands and I will end it for you.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

thats ok, lets discuss it.

your original point, lets start there. you said there were 15+ points difference. i said that was not true. you later changed your position to less than 15. do you concede that i was right about your allegation of 15+ being false?

this is just gonna get worse because even when you invent an absurd league that has a scoring system designed to do what you say it does, it will demonstrate why even that doesnt dispove my statement that defenses dont matter. but you will have to wait for that. first we will start with the fact that your initial statement was false, like i said it was.

3. bhelmLSU

15+ from top team to worst team was a general statement. In the league I was in if was a little over 14 points for the top 16 teams. Please keep up.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

not a "general" statement. you have made yet another mistake. watch the evidence:

"in one of my leagues last year there was a difference of 15+" - bhelm

that isnt a general statement. it is a specific one. you say "one of my leagues". are you ready to concede this was wrong, as i said it was, so we can move on to your next mistake?

5. bhelmLSU

No, from the best team to the worst DST there was a 15+ difference per game. The worst team was owned but dropped during the season. Circles...

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

15+? why did you say:

"It was a little above 14" - bhelm

which is it? (neither are true, i just want to be clear)

after the "worst" team was dropped, which team was picked up to replace them? a better team? if better teams were available then why was the worst team owned? did somebody take a team far worse than they needed to in order to help skew your variations numbers and further prove my point? is your argument that there was 15+variation between the 15th worst defense in a 15 player fantasy league or between the first defense and some defense worse than 15th? if so, then do you understand why that is not relevant to your point? if that is your point i could argue that kickers are important in some league because i can draft backup kickers that do not score at all and therefore are infintely less valuable than the first kicker drafted.

7. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Eat a dick, Martin. Straight up. Eat a dick.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

bro you need to report yourself to the yourself the mod!

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

no sweat i reported you to the mods i hope cajun sensation is assigned to your case

10. bhelmLSU

Again, Top to worst team in the NFL based on fantasy points scored over the course of the year. Just dropped they had 2 defenses to start the year. Usually fantasy teams have even numbers; 16 teams. You are way oof track and going further.

You said DEF/ST never matter... We know that is not the case week to week depending on matchups. As for standard leagues, they are much like kicker variances throughtout the season and the reason most hold off on drating them early. slightly more important than kickers.

There are leagues out there that have defenses matter more than standard scoring systems which we know is almost 8 point per game.

The question is what point variance would you consider substantial?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.