Megatron

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

It is ok to be wrong sometimes. Deal with it.

Just in a standard scoring system CBS league the variance was 8 points a game from top to bottom. In our scoring system last year it was almost 15 points from #1 DEF/ST to #16. Not all leagues are the same.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

Mathews with one t.
    Not true. Abandon this now or we wil review the evidence and I will prove this isn't true.

4. bhelmLSU

Here is the standard league calc which is readily available... Ravens in fantasy points 2011 according to CBS 226. Tampa Bay 97. Difference is 129 points. Over 17 weeks 7.59 points per game.

Prove away...

5. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I always draft a team defense with the 2nd to last pick (just before the kicker) although will say that I've had many games decided by the DEF/ST either getting me a lot of points or scoring a lot against me.

Most of the time, I will only keep one DEF/ST and add and drop during the season based on their opponents. For example, I picked up the Lions last year when they were playing a bad offensive team and the points the Lions DEF/ST scored (around 30) was the difference in my win that week. They were playing a good team the following week (maybe the Packers?) so I dropped them for someone else.

At the moment, I have the Saints and the Bills in my two leagues. I probably should have never picked the Saints and will likely drop soon but hoping RGIII has at least one "rookie" game. I'm hoping the Bills will crush the Jets and their inept offense. Going forward, I may look to pick up whatever team is playing the Dolphins if they are as bad as they appear to be.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

You said 15 plus, then you changed it to "almost 15". Now it is 8? Are you gonna further change your point?

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

This is what every rational player does. The value and variance and consistency isn't there. Bench players are far more valuable, particularly backup rbs who might replace an injured juggernaut full time.

8. bhelmLSU

I usually follow the same strategy. But nothing sucks worse than getting zero or negative points in any given week and your opponet getting punt return TDs and scoop up fumble TDs and laying 30+ on you.

9. bhelmLSU

No keep up it is just 8 in standard scoring this means the standard scoring systems used widely by most fantasy football leagues. It was a little above 14 in a completely adjusted scoring system league which heavily factored in points for defense/special teams (meaning even return yards were factored in, huge points for sacks and fumble recoveries, and inflated points for defensive TDs and I could go on and on) There are leauges out there like this.

Point has remained the same. In standard leagues the variance isn't there over the course of a season to draft a DST high, week to week DST can matter depending on matchups, and are more of a factor in adjusted scoring leagues. So DST can and do matter in some circumstances, not never.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

Again, you should leave it or I will ask more questions until I prove you were just making it up from the start.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.