Megatron

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martin

martin Banned Forever

I know that why griffin is so exciting.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

it will be hard to succeed with the Redskins, Luck is with a better organization hands down and will probably win a superbowl first.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

A. Rogers isn't even in the discussion IMO. Most of that opinion is because I just don't like him and I agree with CS that just about any decent qb could do well there.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

That isn't true of the saints or the patriots? They are offensive machines that throw downfield relentlessly.

These teams play that way because they can. That's why Denver under tebow only threw it a few times a game. Put Brady quinn in gb and he sucks.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You don't know this. Had he been drafted by a team that had anything that resembled talent he may not be the ghost he is today. I mean really, a better test would be to put your boy rogers in Cleveland and see how good he really is!

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Rodgers has the benefit of the best receiving corp in football. That's not to say that he isn't extremely accurate or talented, but he's really only had one year with crazy numbers. And, he choked away a home playoff game when they were the best team in the league last year. Brees has consistently put huge numbers, including throwing for 5k yards twice and with the exception of piss poor defense in Seattle in 2010, he generally leads the team deep into the playoffs. Same for Brady.

Rodgers is an elite (top 3) QB and may/probably will eventually be the best ever, but he needs to build on his body of work before he gets anointed.

stevescookin likes this.
  7. martin

martin Banned Forever

not just one year, he has the best career QB rating of all time.

8. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

There have been rule changes in the past few years to enhance the passing game in the NFL. All current NFL QBs have benefitted from the rule changes and I would argue that you can't compare QB rating from this era to past eras.

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

True, but that doesn't make him the best QB of all time, just like Drew's record of highest completion % and most yards passing in one season doesn't make him the best ever. But I would say, to this point, Drew has had the better NFL career. That may change or it may not. Really just splitting hairs at this point. They're both great QBs and both would have similar success if they were on the other team.

10. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

If Drew Brees were on the Browns, he would do better than if Aaron Rodgers were on the Browns. There is no question about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.