Megatron

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Thanks. I'll handle it right away.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

dont treat him too harshly. let me know the outcome so i can understand the rules.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

which is not 15+ like you said it was.

i didnt say "never". you could invent a league in which they matter. you could invent a league where picking the first defense is worth one billion points and everything else is zero points. then it would matter.

of course. the correct time to draft a defense is last or second to last. yunno why? because they dont matter and they do not vary enough top to bottom and they are not predictable from year to year. they are not a value pick in any round save the last two.

i am in a league where defense matters because the rules of the league say that the team with the defense that has the best mascot wins. you were discussing a league you were actually in.

the point variance would have to be far more consistent and predictable for it to matter when drafting. also it wold matter how the rest of the players were scored because the points are relative. 15 points isnt much if teams are scoring 300 because the league rewards ever event with points.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

good work. also it is weird the way the other mods never act like you. not sure why that is. perhaps it is because you have the emotions of a 10 year old homosexual, as i have mentioned before. but thats the hand you were dealt so i wish you the best.

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

"Team defense never matters" Martin

It was 15+ based on the points scored in our league and still haven't proven otherwise.

That invented league is what I was discussing, why the backtrack now?... Finally it may be over...LOL

I have already stated why they don't matter as much in standard leagues.

Teams weren't scoring near 300

That was easy...

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I don't think there is any definitive way you can proclaim that one player is the best "Football Player" unless that player does multiple things. I made the case last year for TM7 being the BEST college football player because of the multiple things he brought to the table. Covering punts and downing them inside the 20, making plays on defense, stripping the ball, recovering his own forced fumbles, scoring touchdowns, returning punts. Really the only thing he didn't do was play offense. That's why I made the case for him for heisman. RG3 wasn't playing receiver, or blocking, or making tackles as well as distributing the ball.

The same reason I can never give the title of "best football player" to anyone especially a quarterback, unless it's some one like.... Damn, this is going to really fucking hurt... hold on a minute..............................................Cam Newton. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH purge purge purge...

Megatron, best receiver in the game, I agree with that, best player? How can you measure that when all he does is catch passes? Drew Brees, best quarterback? You could make the case, but you would need Rogers and Manning in the discussion as well. Best Player? What else does he do? Does he return punts? Now... If Drew wins a superbowl this year, I will agree with you that he is the best player in the game because the Saints don't have a head coach and I think alot is on Drew's shoulders this season. But he would be a player and a coach. Does any of this make sense or am I just babbling like usual?

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

i concede you can invent a league in which defense matters and you should draft defense first and every pick and construct a fantasy team purely made form defense. you can invent a league where defense matters. you can also invent a league where what matters is the astrological sign of the player's favorite actor. i was wrong and mistaken to say never.

for practical purposes and for all leagues you have been in, defense doesnt matter. you know this and this is why you always pick them late. and, again, you were wrong about the league you claimed had the 15 point variance. thwt was never true, you just didnt pause long enough before you posted to think about the fact that people are sophisticated enough to notice that you made that up.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

in baseball they have win shares. perhaps there is a similar stat in football.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

vorp is a good stat but it doesnt apply to pitchers. or does it? i dunno. i think WAR is ok as well.

lesson for bhelm: if they have WAR or VORP for fantasy teams, the team defense would be at the bottom of every league you have ever played in.

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

As long as you concede, all is well. Maybe next time you will learn to not butt in and make izzy type comments and then resort to claiming it must be a lie to make yourself feel better.

I do miss izzy though.

Now since you managed to drag me into breaking my own rule of staying on topic I am freezing the thread.

bayareatiger likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.