McNamee claims Clemens' wife took HGH

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by tirk, Feb 8, 2008.

1. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

no worries. I paid the grammar police off awhile back. i can now type in all lowercase with little to no punctuation and lots of spelling/grammar errors with no consequence. :wave:

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

this guy is wasting my time and money. who cares if he is a "drug dealer". that doesn't contribute anything to this case and the dude has been waiting to ask that for weeks.

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

haha, it is the best way to live. if you can make it to the no proofread stage than you have officially made it. :)

4. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

you learn to pay the "family" and your protected.

(The "your" above is intentional.)

5. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

I had to laugh at the Senator who was questioning McNamee about the lying to the New York Times. I just wanted McNamee to tell him, he lying to the NYT because he was protecting his clients and who cares if he lies to the media. Is lying to the media a crime?

6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

OK tirk, time to start updating as often as possible. I just got kicked out of the meeting room, and have no TV to watch on.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

only movie i havent seen since being down with the flu.

ive seen just about every other movie.

8. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

anyone still watching? Is it over? Can someone post an update?

9. tirk

been over about 30 mins. roger had to be chastised while butting in the recaps.

ill paste the blog I was reading as im sure its updated.

10. tirk

read from bottom up:

3:01
    Rep. Christopher Shays got all the names right Wednesday. So that was good news. He also interrupted his denouncement of this whole shebang as a "Roman circus" to torch McNamee.

"Mr. McNamee," he said at one point, "I agree with some of what you say, but it depends when."

He then accused McNamee of being a "drug dealer," which evoked the first real show of emotion from McNamee all day.

"I only did what players asked," McNamee said, "and it was wrong."

When McNamee tried to claim that because of that he wasn't a drug dealer, Shays pounced.

"You were a DRUG DEALER," he bellowed. "You were dealing drugs."

"That's your opinion," McNamee retorted.

"No," Shays snapped. "That's not opinion. You were dealing drugs. You're telling me that as a former police officer, you weren't dealing drugs?"

"Dealing in them?" McNamee answered. "Yes."

"Were they LEGAL drugs?" Shays went on.

"No," McNamee said, almost in a whisper.

Shays shook his head, like a teacher who had just caught a kid in the back of the class trying to fake an assignment.

"Then you were a drug dealer," he said.

As this day went on, Brian McNamee has looked and felt less credible by the minute. But never more than at THIS minute.

2:49 p.m. ET
    Back came Rep. Elijah Cummings to crystallize why Clemens is in such an impossible spot, as convincing as he sounded at times Wednesday.

"If I walked in here," Cummings told Clemens, "and it was even-steven, you and Mr. McNamee, I must admit that the person I believe most (pause) is Mr. Pettitte."

Cummings then laid it all out, almost exactly as he'd done hours earlier.

"When Mr. McNamee gave his testimony about Knoblauch and Pettitte, those allegations turned out to be true," Cummings went on. "But for some reason, … when it comes to you, it's a whole 'nother thing. … How do you explain this?"

Clemens then insisted one more time that Pettitte had "misheard" him. Cummings wasn't buying it.

"I've listened to you very carefully," Cummings said. "And I take you at your word. And you're telling me that Andy Pettitte is an honest man, and his credibility is pretty much impeccable. … You said you were misunderstood. But all I'm saying is, it's hard to believe. It's hard to believe your story.

"I hate to say that," Cummings concluded. "You're one of my heores. But it's hard to believe you."

Rep. Elijah Cummings, ladies and gentlemen. The most powerful voice in this hearing, by far.

2:32 p.m. ET
    Debbie speaks.

Well, not in her own voice.

But long after her husband first indicated he had a statement from his wife that he wanted to read, he finally found an opening during questioning by Rep. Virginia Fox.

Not surprisingly, her account of how she came to use HGH matched her husband's. She said she'd read a news article about the benefits of HGH, and that McNamee also told her about the same article. He told her "it's not illegal and it's used for youthfulness." And whaddayaknow, he just happened to have some with him.

Mrs. Clemens said that McNamee gave her one shot, at a time when her husband wasn't home. She said she was "very comfortable with trying it" and that it was "a harmless act on my part."

It was Roger, she said, who told her to "back off" when he found out about it. And it was Roger who told Congress on Wednesday that Debbie was "very broken up about this for a long time. She told me she feels like a pawn in this game."

That, by the way, is exactly what she has become. And that's a sad commentary on what a low-brow reality-show plot this story has descended into.