McCarthy

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by shane0911, Sep 25, 2023.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You actually got one right. As 123 just told you "the republicans don't do anything" and they don't, that is unless they are going along with yet another stupid demonRat bill that does nothing but fatten government and hurt the people.

You're mistake was thinking that the few freedom loving Americans here are actually "Republicans" we aren't. I might hate the GOP more than I hate the demonRats because they lack courage and that to me is indefensible with the exception of a very select few.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  2. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Do you agree with Mike Johnson and believe that the US Government is correct that cannabis should remain classified as a schedule 1 drug?

Schedule I
    Schedule I drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse.

3. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

No. I am in favor of very slowly getting it to the point of it being like dangerous prescription drugs. Available with a real prescription and any doctors that write a prescription willy nilly or any pharmacy that fills a prescription willy nilly should be jailed just like with opioid pills. I want it to take dozens of years for this fight to grind on with states slowly loosening up. I don't want pot shops on every corner next week. I want a slow and methodical set of test platforms and have the country settle on a responsible and mature way of handling it. I am a conservative. Problems can't be solved, they can be managed at best.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

That’s funny man. More people abuse and die from “prescription” drugs than weed by a factor so large it’s not worth calculating.

Not even dying, people are addicted to all kinds of prescriptions. Hell. Most college kids can’t get of Addies.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2023
  5. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

My opinion of how weed should be handled by the government has nothing to do with the effectiveness of prescription drug control by the government. Of course it does not work. It is controlled by the government! They fail at everything they try to implement.

My opinion has more to do with an overall approach to mind altering drugs by society in general. It has to do with culture. There is no doubt in my mind that a conservative approach that says: "tsk tsk tsk, drugs are bad mk" is a much better public opinion than "open freakin season! good luck!". No thanks. You want more druggies? Make it acceptable. Want a lot more druggies? Make it cool. I think one of the reasons we have so many abusing drugs is because of the leftist MSM pushing for acceptance of it. Free needles, methodone clinics, etc... sets the wrong tone. Winking and joking about weed and pot shops everywhere is part of that culture.

The left is the anti-right party and must glorify bad behavior if those on the right raise an eyebrow of disgust at it. You have seen it in Colorado. I will hold the line and be dragged screaming just to slow it down. Fast change is usually bad. Especially toward destructive behavior.

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

but we are talking specifically about drug policy. prohibition causes problems.

your opinions on drug culture etc are independent from the issue of prohibition. you may think, for example, people should not be alcoholics, that's nothing to do with public policy.

frogleg and I are discussing Mike Johnson opposing marijuana legalization, and legalization is good policy. even if you want fewer people to use these drugs.

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

giphy-40.gif

I am too tired to answer your question been driving for the last 6 hours. The list is long and distinguished like my johnson. Will get back to you tomorrow.

You do have a purtty mouth though.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2023
  8. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

They could reschedule cannabis now and allow for low THC cannabis medicinals that 'druggies' would have zero interest in. They won't of course because this is all about Big Pharma and its DC crew keeping the profits at full throttle. Not much money to be made off something that you can't patent.

Outlaw cannabis the 'druggies' still get all the cannabis they want. Its law abiding citizens that suffer. Kind of like gun control. There's many conditions where cannabis helps, and where people would have an alternative to pharmaceuticals like opioids, and pills for many other conditions.

kcal likes this.
  9. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

I will add that many states have legalized medical cannabis to some degree (thankfully we have States rights), although federal scheduling still throttles that option. And schedule 1 cripples medical research, research funding, banking, institutional access...that's corrupt and nasty DC business and Mike Johnson supports it.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  10. Rex

Rex Founding Member

And now this holy roller slimeball we know as Mike Johnson wants to fund Israel's defense but not Ukraine's. WHAT THE FUCK has Israel ever done for the USA except to cause us pain? It's a Bible thing, obviously. Mike Johnson's nonsense religion... while Ukraine fights for Western democracy Israel fights for itself and Mike Johnson fights to bring on the end times when he can be lifted up to suck his godmaster's dick for all eternity.

So, let's examine this little sleazeball a little further. While he speaks at conventions that want to kill people for consensual sex, he supports for the presidency a man who has been found in court to be a rapist, who has been convicted of fraud, who paid hookers and cheated on his pregnant wife, and who led an insurrection against American government. Pretty shitty little fellow, I would say.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2023