McCarthy

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by shane0911, Sep 25, 2023.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Gather around kids, here is why I hate the GOP, they always talk a tough game but in the end they always cave.

He will cave this time as well.

TBTrumpet and tigermark like this.
  2. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Border agents and border protection furloughed while the government shuts down. Way to go, Republicans.

It's either cave now or cave later.

Republicans have a history of shutting down the government. This will make what? The fifth time in the past 25 years? And what have they gotten for it? In each case: NOTHING. This will end the same way. And those Republicans in swing districts are now in deep career trouble: and they know it.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2023
  3. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

BTW, Democraps shut down the govt in 2018 over border security funding. The longest shutdown in history.

I have a hard time understanding what this looming shut down is really about. One day it is about cutting funding for Ukraine. Next day it is about border security. The next it is about spending cuts. In the past, shutdowns coalesced around a central point like balanced budget or Obamacare. Now, the House Republicans can't even agree on a proposal to send to the Senate. Biden can't negotiate without something to negotiate with.

I think this is a power play within the Party. New Gen Reps hate McCarthy and want him out, hate everything about the govt, and hate each other (Boebert vs Greene Influencer GOP Rep PPV fight coming soon.)

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Not worth a thread, I'll just put it here. Dianne Feinstein has cashed in, age 90.

5. kcal

kcal Founding Member

the Chinese spy/chauffeur who was on the payroll for 20 yrs is devastated at the news

6. shane0911

Shucks

fanatic likes this.
  7. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

She announced today that she is running for Senate again, post mortem.

fanatic likes this.
  8. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Oh yeah and her daughters get to fight over her $102 million fortune and private jet she used to hop from mansion to mansion.
    It pays well to be a woman of the poor and downtrodden.

9. Rex

Rex Founding Member

McCarthy caved. In the process though he protected republicans in swing districts. Lunatics like Gaetz and MTG won't be happy but I suspect there's not much they can do about it.

10. shane0911

Yes we know, I told you he would. I hope Gaetz gets his ass removed as speaker. They should have held their ground and never let him in there in the first place.