Matthews: My ‘Job’ Is To Make Obama Presidency A Success

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Andouille

Andouille Guest

Seeing a pattern here? No matter what research and data you post these clowns don't have the intellectual honesty to admit they're wrong.

Does anyone think that at some point they will admit they're wrong? Of course not. It's a complete waste of time to try and have an honest discussion with people who have no interest in an honest discussion.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, here is some irony for you!

3. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Let me rephrase...you can dispute it all you want, but that doesn't mean you are correct. The facts prove you wrong. And as to raving? That's how you characterize someone who keeps parroting the same mantra when reality does not support them.

So look in the mirror, amigo.

4. TheDude

At last you offer something noteworthy.

5. red55

Of course not, but I can dispute that you are not correct when I believe it to be true and can cite evidence to the contrary.

The facts prove that bias goes in both directions and that much of the media is fairly balanced. I don't argue that there isn't liberal bias, there is. I argue that conservatives are simply ignoring conservative bias that also exists as well as news outlets that are neutral. It it the notion that the entire media is liberally biased that I object to, because it can be proved that it is not so.

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I am not surprised you believe that you've been reasonable and open minded.

7. red55

OK, there is sarcasm dripping all over my monitor now.

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

That last bit was lacking sarcasm, but I hear ya.

9. TheDude

You cite no evidence to the contrary.

Nothing in the study I submitted even remotely suggested this was equal. A research group that you yourself acknowledged as valid and impartial.

But by all means, keep going. You have lost.

10. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Dude,

I read your research study. It concluded that the "REPORTS" on Fox were more balanced than on CNN. I'll accept that. However, the reading of the reports is about 10% of the time, and then there is 90% of the time that is commentary on the reports, and that was not evaluated in your study, and by my observation, it is highly biased. I see and hear heavy sneers and sarcasm when talking about the dems. Your limited study of fox may correctly conclude that the reports or as balanced as anyone else, or more so, but it is a limited study, and it does not conclude that the totality of Fox News broadcast is fair and balanced.