Mark Ingram

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

2. tboy

tboy Founding Member

A man of his word, an honorable man, didn't return his Heisman, unlike Reggie Bush. Ingram said he needed to learn the plays and would be at Tulane to practice. This is a 1st round draft pick without a contract, risking injury and trying to get better. He has the pedigree, he has the work ethic, I like it. At least one team met with their early picks and gave them a playbook. Why didn't the Saints? I'm not concerned though because Brees will probably give him a copy or a close substitute.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Looking forward to seeing what this opens up for the offense with the ability to move a pile once in awhile. and although he looks fat in a suit, this will help clarify things a little:

[​IMG]

hes pretty shredded. He ran a 4.46 at the pro day which was after the combine so he should be fine. I mean, if there is a season.

if not then, who knows. With jamarcus in town it could be the saints and dreamlands worst nightmare.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I never thought he looked fat he looked just like what he is, a tree stump. He's a solid, compact athlete. I think he is another one of those high character guys that will always do the right thing, whether off the field, on the practice field or in the locker room. I hope he can also make a solid impact on the football field. He definitely does have the potential.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

a lot of people thought he looked outta shape at the draft. it just his head was definitely bigger. easy on the hgh, pal.

6. tboy

tboy Founding Member

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Ingram will be #28.

8. tboy

tboy Founding Member

I heard that too. There are a few theories suggesting there may be some type of significance in the number selection. His father was #82. Ingram himself was the 28th pick of the draft. I don't know if it is one, both or neither as far as any meaning goes. I guess someone will ask him eventually and we will find out.

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Wasn't his dad selected 28th too?

10. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Yep, good catch. Found it on Wikipedia.
    Mark Ingram, Sr. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Now after all of this wouldn't be funny if Ingram just said that the number has no special meaning to him and he took what they gave him.:D