LSU Women’s Basketball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

who cares, the issue is whether mulkey can get a PMAC refurb. thats the only reason any of this boring frivolity matters

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Did you notice that pretty much everything they said in that segment was about her talking to her own teammates? They had the one Cena incident we already know about, and then something about a "scoreboard" moment. Jeez, even I would point at the scoreboard if the person I was beating by 15 started mouthing off. So this segment is nothing, as far as I'm concerned.

Class is not something you display based on how the other guy is behaving. You have it or you don't.

And I have this to say about Reese's "this was for the people who look like me" moment: Does anyone really believe no one in women's basketball has ever acted up before her and Clark did it this weekend? I'm sure plenty of women have showed their asses long before this, and considering that most of the women who play CBK are black, probably most of the acting up that's happened before has come from black players. So don't make the push back about Reese's behavior about race. It's not because she's black, its because she crossed the line with seeking out Clark and the extended gestures that followed.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  3. mctiger

Today, I bet Mulkey has more clout with the big money alums than McMahon does.

Bestbank Tiger likes this.
  4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

ok…

5. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

You know the players called out Clark for her antics the day before the game. Perhaps this was strategy to go along with social media strutting. Then they fed it back to her at the end of the game. I'm not a fan but it's a current culture obviously.

And with the touch fouls being called, part of this ended up being a game of the benches which LSU won. I used to cringe when they'd put Carson in. But what a day for the game of your life.

Great job ladies.

6. JaxTigFan

JaxTigFan Founding Member

It was just mentioned on Fox and Friends that the LSU team stayed in the locker room during the national anthem. LSU now stands for Low Scum University!! Deep inside I was pulling for the white girl anyway.

7. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

8. Herb

Herb Founding Member

The bigger issue of the game was the shyte officiating. Everyone is talking about the antics instead.

On the officiating, that is pretty commonplace in NCAA Women's Basketball because up until now there has been almost zero money in the sport.

That is now changing and the NCAA is about to renegotiate the television contracts for the sport. As the money starts ramping up, so will the quality of training officials and the quality of officials themselves (as they can afford to pay officials better salaries).

9. mctiger

I heard that, but was it intentional, or a time mix up?

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Changed my mins about the Angel Reese and Clark incident. Now that I have read more it's just trash talk and that's part of the game. Some of it is suttle some not so suttle not much difference. Glad our girls won the Natty and Mulkey must be one hell of a coach.

GO TIGERS!

Bestbank Tiger and Chipeace like this.