LSU Women’s Basketball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Jan 26, 2023.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Hey, that lil white bish did it first.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

What are you talking about?

3. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

In the men’s game, there would have been a brawl with what Reese did. The finding the opponent and following her just for a taunt was over the top. In-game moments happen in every sport. Much of this is media-driven. LSU made Iowa pay for what our players deemed disrespect. They took NC from Iowa and made them pay. That should be enough.

JaxTigFan likes this.
  4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

What was the "disrespect" Iowa showed our players? I didn't see anything.

Richdog and Perple like this.
  5. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Here is the deal. Caitlin Clark was praised in the media for doing essentially the same thing Angel Reese did:

[​IMG]

So here is Sports Illustrated pretty much glorifying Caitlin Clark on Twitter for an equivalent behavior towards the end of a game that she and her team dominated.

But when the favored all-white team gets beaten by a team of mostly black women, the world seems to have a problem with a black woman doing the same thing that a glorified white star did.

We're in a different cultural era than the one that many of us came of age in and there is a different sense of sportsmanship that we need to get used to.

Fans talk trash to one another on sports forums...just look at the "Status of the Board" topic and the one that was previously pinned regarding civility.

Why do we expect the athletes to be different? Or is it only the black athletes that need to "behave"?

Bestbank Tiger and LSUTiga like this.
  6. Herb

Herb Founding Member

7. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Nor did I… But, perception is reality for these players.

8. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Did Caitlan Clark ever chase around a player & get in her face with that bullshit, like "Angel" just did? From the video I've seen & the article you posted, the answer is No. Theirin lies the difference. And there is a HUGE difference.

Too bad Angel Reese pulled a stunt like that that had TV Liberal Racists like Shannon Sharpe not talking about LSU or the game, but Screaming about Angel's taunting, and how it's always Whitey's fault, when a Black shows his/her ass. Biden's America 2023.

Pretty damn selfish of "I won't be put in a box" Angel.

Blacks will defend other Blacks - always. See OJ Simpson verdict reading when it happened. it's worse now..

Richdog and HalloweenRun like this.
  9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

So maddening to see so many people see Clark do the Cena thing for about a second, and then see Reese chasing Clark around the court for 10 seconds making sure she is seen - while the clock is still running - and the only difference they see between the two incidents is skin color. It never even occurred to me until the game was over that Iowa only has one black girl on their team. All I saw was two teams playing hard (actually they have two, but one didn't play).

I was in my car listening to postgame on the radio....did Reese actually ask Holly Rowe on the air when she would get her ring? Obnoxious on top of everything else.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

double standard?

this segment aired on espn prior to the nc game…

Last edited: Apr 3, 2023
    LSUTiga likes this.