LSU within reach of USC

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Jan 25, 2004.

1. conradj

conradj Founding Member

2 great QBs in the top 5. Perrilloux is supposedly a lock, I am not sure we could get both, especially because neither should get a chance to play too early. Unless of course they happen to be the best QB on the team, which would be a bold statement

2. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Well, Fred Davis committed to USC. I guess their well had a little water after all. As for the Rivals top class, it will be too tough to catch the condoms now. "Book it." We may have a shot at Lemmings top class and possibly TheInsiders, but it is not a terribly strong shot.

3. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

well...we were within 100pts of USC yesterday, now we are 300pts behind again....they must have got a nice recruit. If we get Big Herm, we will draw closer, but I think they have us this year.

But I will take our class anytime, anyday, against anyone.

The Dynasty has begun.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

They got a 5 star receiver Fred Davis. We will now need to get 28 recruits to pass them. And hope that USC does not get but one more recruit. So it's likely USC retains first.

Miami FL's receivers coach left and that meant Davis decided not to go to Miami and instead go to USC. Bummer.

5. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

Rivals list of recruits has LSU at 24, but this list doesn't include the addition of Tim Washington, a Gray Shirt freshman from last year's class, and Ali Highsmith, a three star Miami commitment last year who didn't academically qualify but has since qualified academically and has recently enrolled at LSU this year for the spring semester.

E.J. Kuale, a committed JC recruit apparently is lacking one three hour course of being able to transfer and enroll at LSU in the spring so will remain at his JC school for the spring semester to make up for the course he lacks and then join the Tigers for the fall semester. His schollie should count against the 2005 class, as should Harry Coleman's schollie who currently is academically unqualified.

And per Dandy Don this morning, Jay Lucus and Darius Reynaud, could both possibly also join Coleman and commit to LSU under the Gray Shirt program while working to academically qualify and if successful receive schollies that would then also count against 2005.

So all told, LSU has 24 schollies out of a max 25 schollies already dedicated out, leaving one more schollie for hopefully Herman "The House" Johnson. However, if someone highly rated, like a Tony Bell agreed to commit to the Tigers, I'm sure Saban and crew would find a way to accept them into the program.

6. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Yeah, its really a numbers game. If we can get x amount more commits than USC we could pass them. But regardless, this class is great, any time your class is considered top 5, you have a great one. Geaux Tigers