LSU vs New Mexico Official Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Sep 24, 2022.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Got some big games coming that’ll prove our worth. Don’t totally disagree we might be undervalued, but LSU is kind of an unknown commodity right now.

ROY_LA_CA and kcal like this.
  2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

just get better each week…

C411B0FA-627F-4735-B373-638961869D5E.png

3. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I think they are roughly equivalent to a middle of the pack SEC team. I thought that before our game with them and still think that now. They handled a bad BC team this past weekend, which they should, and we'll learn a lot more about them over the next 3 weeks, as they have #22 WF, @ #10 NC St., and #5 Clemson.

4. MobileBengal

@mctiger Laterrance Welch, Demario Tolan, and Quency Wiggins all recorded tackles this weekend, and Harold Perkins got the start. We've now gotten production from 9 of our top 11 signees last year, and one of the other two is Walker Howard (Landon Ibieta is the other). Out of only 15 high school signees, that's pretty impressive, but also further evidence as to the state of the roster.

5. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Don't sweat it. We take care of business vs. Aub. & Tenn. and we will get some love from the sports writers. If we lose to either, we don't deserve it and won't have far to fall.

MobileBengal likes this.
  6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Think those guys all got tackles in special teams or garbage time. I think its going to be tough for Wiggins to get significant playing time, that rotation is playing well. I think the reps in the secondary are still in flux. Brooks seemed to play well Saturday, so we're looking stronger at corner back. There's a chance now for a young safety to step up; Major Burns is out at least 3 weeks. He's been a disappointment so far.

7. MobileBengal

Pretty sure they were all in on defense, I know I saw Welch making a tackle at CB for sure. But yeah, it was later in the game.

I think Foucha will be the guy at safety. If Ward is back this week, my guess is Foucha and Brooks at safety, Ward at nickel, and Bernard-Converse and Colby Richardson on the outside, with Mekhi Garner and Sevyn Banks rotating in.

mctiger likes this.
  8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Watching a replay of Fla St vs Boston College. Fla St is for real. We play them now it would be a dog fight but we win that game because of defense and equal offense. We should be 4-0

9. MobileBengal

Boston College is bad. I agree we would beat FSU now though.

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Yes BC is bad but a good team beats a team like BC badly kinda like we beat SU 65-17 and NM 38-0. In both games we could have beaten both by more. Miss St is a good football team and we took care of them handily. Still not saying we win win the SEC West or challenge for any title but we are pretty damm good much better than what many here we were after our first game.