LSU Tailgating Movember Contest

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

For those that have not heard of it Movember is a website dedicated to the furtherance of prostate cancer research.

Movember Worldwide - Home

There is a month for Breast Cancer EVEN THOUGH Prostate cancer takes the lives of more men each year then women from breast cancer...mainly because of the results of the men not or being to embarrassed to get checked.

We have alot of men that post here and the odds are not that good...1 in 3...1 out of every 3 male posters here have the chance of getting prostate cancer.

Think about your tailgating crew how many guys do you sit across from eating and laughing on Saturdays.

Its a cancer that is killing us at an alarming rate...so Movember was created.

What it is is kind of like a walkaton except instead of walking you grow a mustache and you get people to sponsor you.

SO what I am looking for is tailgating crews that would be willing to participate in the contest.

We could start at the Tulane game and have everyone that has facial hair shave it off during that day and then meet back up for the Arky game which will be on a Saturday this year and have everyone come out give out the awards for most money collected and then have everyone shave them off again.

I wanted to see if there was an interest in this before I started going to companies and getting prizes.

I am thinking for the Grand Prize (the tailgate with the most money rasied) free dinner for their whole crew at a restaurant.

There will also be awards for most creative mustaches, biggest, and so on.

All the money that we would raise will go to.....
    Prostate Cancer Foundation
    The Prostate Cancer Foundation (Prostate Cancer Foundation) has a simple and urgent goal to find better treatments and a cure for prostate cancer by funding promising research programs that otherwise would not be able to find funding.

So even though this is a worldwide event money goes to the local research groups.

The reason I got involved with this group is because in 2007 my father in-law found out that his prostate cancer had come back after a surgery to remove it years before, they gave him 6 months to live...2 days later...I can only assume in a fit of dispair he got drunk and crashed his truck into a 8 foot deep ditch at 100 mph....this is a death sentence for alot of men...its time to find a way to fight it!!!!

If you or your crew is interested in this post it here, send me a pm or email me at [email protected]

2. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

mine's been growing for a couple weeks now...

3. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

has anyone noticed? :hihi:

4. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

i'll shave my mustache as part of the movement, but i don't know about shaving my goatee.

been having it since late '02.
    last time i shaved it, Matt Mauck got hurt and a promising season went to complete dog sh!t