LSU needs to leave 5-star LB Perkins alone, bad news

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Dec 30, 2021.

1. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Why wouldn’t he predict it? He was perpetrating it. And yes, the courts ok’d. I just think the stage was set.

2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

I was asking as it was one those things I thought I read somewhere, I wasn’t disagreeing

3. kluke

kluke Founding Member

There is the same salary disparity issue with pro players and they deal with it. To me the biggest issue is the lack of control over what the a teams players make in NIL in total. Phil Knight can find out he has a terminal illness with a year to live and say fuck it, I want to see a my Ducks win NC trophy before I go. Here's $30,000,000 go get me the 30 best collegiate football players. Give then have up front and tell them they get the other half when I see the trophy.

4. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Didn’t mean to sound argumentative. Just throwing out the point. I feel like the Alabama juggernaut (for the most part) is responsible for all this. The NCAA as an entity benefitted too much to argue causticity of throwing out the rules. That’s what I mean by. They knew. There are are many cheaters in the game, Saban, Bama boosters, etc, perfected. Ironically, they may have helped usher in the only system that could create enough parity to take them down.

kcal likes this.
  5. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

The problem is 30 million won't buy you many players with the going rate. I read somewhere that Georgia was offering close to $2 million in NIL money to Caleb Williams from Oklahoma.

6. kluke

kluke Founding Member

DAMN