LSU clearly not taking bowl game serious!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Dec 28, 2021.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

According to Dandy Don, LSU is leaving Tuesday afternoon for its game that night against Kansas State. I understand Houston is not a far drive from Baton Rouge, but we are playing a game on national television! I was under the impression that going to a bowl was a reward for the team and you went there several days early to have fun and enjoy the experience. I understand Covid is out there, but traveling on game day doesn't make sense to me! Wouldn't you want to get your team there at least a day early, so they could do some walkthroughs at the stadium and just relax and play video games in their rooms. Now, they're going to have to cram into several buses for a 5-hour drive and then get out and play a game! That tells me LSU doesn't care if they win or lose the game. I don't get it because they're still representing LSU and should want to put out the best product for the nationally televised game, regardless of what players are playing in the game! I'm pretty sure several elite prospects will also be watching the game. Just don't get it!

lsu-i-like, msully and mctiger like this.
  2. msully

msully Founding Member

That is the way Coach O's team played all season

3. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Are they really taking the bus??? Hobby airport is 30 minutes from NRG stadium.

4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

My thoughts as well. Pretty sure the bus is only carrying equipment and maybe the band.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Never heard of a bowl game that didn't have some pregame activities for the teams in the days before the game. Part of what makes a bowl invite special. Of course, there are 40 bowl games now. I quote Syndrome from "The Incredibles": When everyone is special, no one is.

LSUTiga, KyleK and furduknfish like this.
  6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

The bowl games may not be holding any other activity due to Covid. The only and still important things we’re getting are 15 practices with the opportunity for JBK to observe the team before the spring. It’s also another chance for Daronte Jones and the young players to make an impression.

7. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

When I was in junior high, we played a game in a town about 50 miles away. Not sure why, that was by far the most distant game we played.

As we were getting ready to leave, we got word the activity bus was broke. To my horror, up pulled a city bus. Old school . . yellow, .ugly and slow.

We rode to the game, suited up, up I-85 at about 40 mph. We got our butts kicked, and then we had to ride back.

it was humiliating. Every time I hear about a team on a long bus ride, I just visualize cars speeding by that damn city bus on the interstate!

ROY_LA_CA, kluke and furduknfish like this.
  8. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I just emailed Scott to find out if they're taking the bus or flying. Either way, doesn't seem like the fun bowl experience that usually accompanies most bowls. In fact, I just read where Alabama flew into Dallas Sunday in preparation for their Friday game.

9. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Was not expecting to see an Incredibles quote today.
    well-play.jpg

mctiger likes this.
  10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Most of our road trips were in the non-air conditioned school owned bus, the Eagle Express. But once a year we'd have a trip of two hours or more, and for that, we got the Greyhound. We never lost a game when we got to 'ride the dog.'

HalloweenRun likes this.