LSU basketball Recruiting (2009)

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by artichokes, May 20, 2007.

1. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

Oh lord, I kind of got my hopes up now.

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

The big question is.... will gumborue and artichokes shut the eff up when Noel commits?

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Noel is leaving today and heading close to home to visit Clemson for his last official visit. I believe that that visit ends on Thursday.

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

absolutely not!:wave:

anyway, i havent said word one about NJ (i think). regardless, we'll have to wait to see the product on the court---its not like this kid is a cant miss recruit like shaq or cj.

but whenever ctj gets a kid he wants, im happy (temporarily).

5. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Argh! We had heard it was another visit yet, but man, I was hoping for some good news soon. I think the positives are GA Tech seems to be falling by the wayside, and (hopefully) it's down to LSU and now... Clemson. ACC vs. SEC. Trent vs. Purnell. Actually, it's an interesting call, and potentially a very close one. We're biased obviously, but I think Trent is overall a better coach as proven by his record and ability to get kids to the NBA, but Purnell is certainly respectable. Clemson has a pretty full team, as well, as they have 15 kids on roster, they only lose 2 Seniors and they signed 3 2009 kids already, two forwards and a shooting guard. I suppose you could argue more PT at LSU. It's going to come down to gut intuition, trust in the coach/system, teammates, the school itself, etc. I just have to think (hope) that the ceiling for LSU is higher long-term with Trent and what he's building, then to always been 3 or 4th or 5th in the ACC... We'll have to wait and see, I guess.

6. TGer'nLHornLand

Ok, this is the latest in the media... should have seen this YESTERDAY!

http://georgiatech.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=956146

So, the stated final four from Noel Johnson himself is LSU, UNLV, Clemson and Florida International :)huh: - Could Isiah be the Lane Kiffen of NCAA hoops? :grin:). The article says it all. Seems like LSU is very much in the mix and Trent is doing his part to keep in contact with Noel. Surprisingly, NJ had never been to Clemson before.

Tiger hoops fans, find your religion and start prayin'. Friday morning is the day... :popcorn:

(does anyone know how the LSU trip went?)

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Is he going to Clemson of FIU next? Seems like a lot of traveling to have it done by Friday.

All I know is that Taz was his host on the trip.

8. artichokes

artichokes Founding Member

Hell no. Someone's got to keep us grounded.

Anyway, you've got to like our chances. I'm sure he loved hearing about our offense last season in which we ran our last great catch-and-shoot guard off of numerous picks for perimeter looks.

But seriously, why would he want to go Clemson? Their uniforms literally look like vomit.

9. TGer'nLHornLand

I don't think he was actually visiting FIU, just that (apparently) he liked Isiah and that they were on the list. I can't think that he's really considering them, but FIU's been a vogue school to name on recent lists (Latavious Williams among others) after I.T. became head coach there. So, it's visit Clemson, hear a lot about how great the ACC is (perhaps if you don't mind fighting for 3rd place every year) and how he could help Clemson get over the hump, etc., then pick a school :)bball:).

It's nice that Tas was his host. Talk about doing right by his school :thumb:. The ironic thing is that NJ may be playing some 3 during next year, the spot that Tas' wants to play (although the article also clearly stated that all schools were recruiting NJ as primarily a "2"). I have no doubt that Dotson, NJ and Tas' can coexist interchangebly in the line up, but there's certainly some egos to mesh together next year. NJ even sort of looks like a younger, thinner Tas'. :wink: In any case, I think with Spencer, Dotson/Johnson and Tas', you've got 3 legit scorers to fold in with the hustle/toughness of Warren, and we just need to hope that we're pleasantly surprised by either Green or Harris.

Getting excited folks! :D :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige BE A PART OF THE TRENT JOHNSON ERA.

10. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Let's face it; we got little offense out of the center or small forward positions in 2008-09. CJ regressed and Terry Martin had trouble adjusting to Coach Johnson's system. Delwan was by all accounts a disappointment. Garrett is a defensive beast, but will only get you about 6 a game on average.

I don't see how LSU doesn't improve offensively at these two positions next year. Where LSU has to replace production is obviously at the 2. Over 40 minutes, you have to hope that we can pull NJ and get MT's 20 a game between him and Dotson.

Is it tipoff time yet?