LSU Basketball 2022-2023

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

huge news friends!

LSU signed five star mcdonalds all american kentucky transfer damian collins. he was a huge recruit but this poor fellow, his dad moved to KY to watch him play and then died. and this poor fellow had a hard season. i would imagine his motivation for basketball was an issue after losing his dad. poor guy.

but good news, matt mcmahon is a friendly gentleman with a proper family atmosphere on the team. good for a young man to find his footing and throw down slammajammy jams!

shane0911, mctiger, LSUTiga and 3 others like this.
  2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

depth chart

1. cook, hannibal

2. stewart, M williams

3. wright, wilkinson, ward

4. fountain, reed, collins, chest

5. baker, dean

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

There will be a three-year probation penalty for both the men's basketball and football programs for the violations in the investigation from the IARP but no postseason bans for either program

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

There will be some recruiting restrictions in terms of visits as well as phone and contact limitations with prospects, as well as one scholarship reductions in 2024 and 2025

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

Penalties for the LSU men's basketball program (most of them retroactive) include:

• A reduction in scholarships by one over the 2023-24 season and by one over the 2024-25 season
    • A 15-week ban on unofficial visits during the 2022-23 academic year
    • Reduction in the total official visits permitted by two during the 2022-23 academic year
    • A seven-week ban on telephonic communication with all prospective men's basketball student-athletes during the 2022-23 academic year
    • An off-campus recruiting restriction of 20 days in 2022-23
    • An off-campus recruiting restriction for the former head coach, former assistant coach No. 1, and then-assistant coaches for 30 days in April-May 2019
    • The then-staff were prohibited from visiting a certain prospective-student-athlete's high school, attending his contests, or otherwise communicating with him for 30 days in April-May 2019

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Cannot believe I’m saying this but I cannot wait for women’s bball next season.

geaux9 likes this.
  7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

the thunder signed undrafted KJ williams. unlike the undrafted naz reid, i do not predict success

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Reid resigned with Minny today, 3 years, $42 million.

kcal likes this.
  9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i a a huge naz reid fan. moves with and without the ball, shoots the 3, dunk VERY hard.

the modern big man must shoot 3s or his defender clogs the lane and destroys the offense. naz can shoot.

on that pointt, the modern guard that cant shoot (trae hannibal) is a catastrophe for the same reason.

at LSU, you only need two years to win the title. mulkey proved it, and johnson seconded it. maybe kelly will follow. seems possible.

i think we realize LSU hoops is not at the same level of prestige and support and history as those 3 sports. so i will give mcmahon 3 years

shane0911 likes this.
  10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

@CagedTiger when you said wade would be punished heavily and never coach again in college you were wrong. after this year he will be the hottest name in all the vacancies. his punishment was nothing. his recruiting class at mcneese was awesome, and they will make the tournament. he will be back in the SEC in less than 2 years.