LSU Basketball 2021-2022

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Oct 23, 2021.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Yes, all teams are limited by talent, which is where coaching comes into play. Musselman has eclipsed WW’s achievements.

As for baseball, they’ve looked terrible defensively so far. I’m not drawing final conclusions on JJ this early, but early returns are bad.

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

we dont know that other coaches didnt, and we dont know how much other coaches paid, or really even what wade paid. so your theory that wade is not good recruited, he simply paid more, is not founded on any evidence.

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

musselman is the only coach in the league comparable to wade. he has been very good short term. but he has no SEC titles. wade had one his second year. also, wade was not allowed to coach in the tournament with his best team.

so yeah, an argument can be made that wade has been the second best coach in the league since musselman arrived. or top 3 with pearl. thats good. that is better than 12 other teams. musselman finished 4th to wades 5th this year, so that is not a huge difference.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

yes. and according to you:

" If your coach is limited by the talent he recruits, he’s less of a coach and more of a recruiter"

so by your logic all coaches are more of a recruiter than a coach. you are contradicting yourself because you are trying too hard to disagree.

5. lsu-i-like

*I’m* trying too hard to disagree? I don’t think that’s an accurate read of the situation.

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

this is a deflection. basically a "no you are!"

you made an invalid claim and you cant defend it. deflection noted.

"" If your coach is limited by the talent he recruits, he’s less of a coach and more of a recruiter""

"all teams are limited by talent"

so all teams are coached by guys are are "less of a a coach" and more a recruiter?

you also made a false claim that wade was better at paying than other coaches, which is a lie, because you dont know how much and how he paid and how much others paid.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
  7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i get it now, you just criticize every coach in the short term, even coach kelly. then you try to take credit later like you were the first to see the problems.

8. lsu-i-like

Not going to engage when you’re acting this way.

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i am helping you learn. dont shrink sample sizes to judge programs and coaches. i know why you do it. you want to the be the first on the bandwagon. but its stupid. you guessed right on les miles and tried to ride the glory forever. you even tried it on me, trying to say you were right and i was wrong on that. i never had an opinion on miles, you were just lying. but you wanted so badly to tell me i did so you could lord it over me. and you did it with wade and even to some extent BK. you early judge them.

mcmahon is probably gonna go 0-2 in his first SEC games, vs Ark and KY, those are both final four level teams. take my advice here, dont make sweeping criticisms of mcmahon at that point. be patient. dont shrink sample sizes.

Chipeace likes this.
  10. lsu-i-like

I will judge based on the information I have and adapt as I get more info.

I was too critical of BK/JD early, but with the information available things felt shakey. I wasn’t calling for BK’s head, but I wrote off JD (to some degree) and Denbrock. Also the WR and QB coaches.

I liked WW from the start but felt like maybe he was hitting a ceiling by the end.

I hated Miles from the start and he ended up winning a NC.

I bought in early with O despite reservations, but was ready to cut bait before it happened because it looked pretty clear he lost his fire.

I might be critical of McMahon early, but I do have a similar feeling that I hade with BK; give him some time.

The opposite can also be true - some folks refuse to be critical past the point of no return. I may be closer to the other end of the spectrum, but I try to be consistent.

It damn sure isn’t to win points on a message board. To insinuate that is unnecessarily annoying on your part.