Lions vs Saints in the Dome

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by JohnLSU, Sep 13, 2009.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Only complaint I have about the D today is that I thought we would get more pressure on the QB. Other than that, the 27 points is very misleadings, considering the Lions got a defensive TD, and their offense started 3 times in our red zone.

Bad, bad day for Reggie. I'm one of his biggest supporters, but there's just no denying that fact. I believe he'll bounce back, though.

Typical Drew Brees. There is no better QB in the league at getting people involved in the offense. I haven't seen the receiving stats yet, but I'm certain 8 different receivers caught passes today. If Bell caught any, that's 9.

Special teams got a "D" today. Let's see....one kick return and one punt return allowed into the red zone, a blocked field goal, one muffed punt lost in the red zone and another fumbled, inconsistent kick returns. Only Morstead's kicking off keeps ST from getting an "F." That kind of a performance will cost us games.

Outstanding performance from Mike Bell, and it was good to see Jeremy Shockey get in the end zone.

I predicted 56-3, and that might have been about right if not for the special teams play.