Lets talk conference realignment...

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by locoguano, Apr 20, 2010.

1. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Big Eight Conference - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The conference remained essentially unchanged until 1996, when the eight member schools combined with four former members of the now-defunct Southwest Conference (Baylor University, University of Texas, Texas A&M University, and Texas Tech University) to form the Big 12 Conference. Although the Big 12 is essentially the Big Eight plus the four Texas schools, the Big 12 does not claim the Big Eight's history as its own.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Speak for yourself amigo. I for one would welcome the Tigers into norman. :geaux:

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Agreed for those of us in Dallas this would be great,
    I could SEC games in Jerry World and every other year trip up 35.
    It would be awesome.

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i'd drive down to norman every couple of years. but i would have to develop ou friends with season tix. most the ou fans i know dont have them. either that or get tix through lsu with my season tix if possible. a couple that is in the same group that gets seats together every year live in dallas and drive down for most of the games. im sure they wouldnt mind a trip to norman either.

6. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

A 16 team league is really big. I guess you would play 2 teams from the other side, and thus have 9 conference games. On the years you play 5 of those away, you would need all 3 of you OOC games as home games to have 7 home games, (out of 12). It could be done. There would likely be few regular season games between major conferences.

Anyway, why should the SEC do it? Why should we share our revenues? The only way it might pay is if we got 4 really great schools. I wonder if getting TA&M and Ok in the west and Miami and Fl St in the east would bring in enough revenue to increase the total revenue stream. Keep in mind this means splitting SECCG and Bowl and TV revenues with 4 more teams.

I don't think the SEC should do anything, but sit back and watch these others make mistakes. I really believe a one loss school from the SEC gets in over a two loss school from another conference, even if they do have 16 teams!

Making your conference tougher, means having your better teams lose more games, which will keep them out of the BCSCG.

7. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

Memphis Sports talk radio mentions that aTm and VT might move to the SEC.
    Anyone else hear any talk about such a move?
    :eek:ldskule:

8. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I gave up trying to keep track of the rumors. Tuesday, a guy at the office said he had it from a reliable source in Boulder that there was no way CU was headed to the PAC 10.

Wonder why he didn't show up for work today? :lol:

9. dudley

dudley oops!

All kinds of rumors flying around and this is the one that makes the most sense to me.
    It would be good for A&M and it would be good for the SEC. I think it would also be good for LSU.

10. dudley

dudley oops!

Same goes for Va. Tech and the SEC.