Lets talk conference realignment...

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by locoguano, Apr 20, 2010.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Nebraska to Big 10 official according to many sources and will be announced Friday.

Look for Mizzou to follow suit and most of the other Big 12 schools to move to the Pac 10.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

a friend of mine who is a big ou fan dropped by today and we were talking about this. they are not happy with the thought of ou in the pac 10. that is just isnt a good fit.

3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

According to the condoms:

Colorado
    Texas
    Texas A&M
    Texas Tech
    Oklahoma
    Oklahoma State

Source is Chip Brown from OrangeBloods.com. TIFWIW and I think there is still some reaching but, who fuggin cares.

4. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

The matt guy on 104.5 here in baton rouge is reporting that some UT Spots news source is quoting a texas official that Notre Dame has told the big 10, that it is willing to join the big10 but they want to be the only team added. No Nebraska.

I am trying to find a link but unlucky so far.

5. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

6. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

7. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

here is the link
    Orangebloods.com - Speculation growing Colorado preparing to bolt

8. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

The reality is that Notre Dame will be in the Big 10. The only question becomes will they do it before the Big 10 snaps up everyone else and forces them to do it. ND is posturing around like they have a choice in the matter but they don't. Nebraska to the big 10 makes too much sense. The only way this doesn't happen is if the big 10 only grabs Nebraska and the Big 12 can snatch up TCU or maybe Boise. If the big ten is determined to take Missouri too, the whole house of cards falls.

Delany initially looked like a bit of an idiot with that Big 10 network but that has come around and is the reason the Big 10 is in the catbird seat. Thankfully the SEC has created this aura of being the best conference (rightfully so) and got the huge contract with ESPN. That salvages the SEC. But it makes me sick to think about adding 4 teams and changing the way things are played now.

In the end, it's Big 10 (big 16), Pac 10 (Pac 16), the SEC and Either the Big East or ACC although the SEC will most likely pillage the ACC and the Big 10 will steal from the Big east at least one team so really the big east and ACC will merge under some name and be the fourth conference. That's how I see it.

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i am wondering what is gonna happen to the smaller conferences. will they try to make some mergers, or will the have nots just end up with even less?

10. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

The way I'd like to see it go down is the 120 D-IA teams merge into eight 14-16 team conferences each with a championship game. Then, each conference champ moves on to an 8 team playoff to determine the Nation Champion. No BS polls, no BCS, no crying, no favoritism, no agendas, no media influence just football. Every team is in control of their own destiny.