Lets make it happen Tiger Fans! *Replica Coaches Trophy*

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GEAUX TIGERS, Jan 13, 2008.

1. GEAUX TIGERS

GEAUX TIGERS Founding Member

http://www.danburymint.com/sports/product.asp?code=0279-0079

I remember them making a Coaches Trophy in 2003, but I was unable to get one. This year they are not making one, but they did make one last year for Florida. So I sent them an email pleading with them to please re-release the one from 03, and to please make one for 07! I found another company that makes them but the cheapest is $1400.00 :cry: So come on Tiger fans. Get to emailing, and tell them you want one!!!

I guess worse come to shove, I can order two UF one's and have a trophy shop change the front. :wave:

2. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

I got one in 2003, they do a great job. I will send an email. :thumb:

3. GEAUX TIGERS

Thanks so much! Is the front painted on, or is it like a plate? :huh:

4. mindy

mindy Founding Member

It's a plate that's painted. The little football even comes off so you can pick it up and give it smooches if you want to! :wink:

1 person likes this.
  5. GEAUX TIGERS

Thanks mindy! Looks like I'll just order two of the UF's, and have them changed! :wave: Any of you guys have a pic of yours from 03'? Close up of the front plate would be great too! :geaux:

6. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Here:

http://coachestrophy.com/

They claim to be the official producers of the Coaches Trophy for the AFCA (the coaches association that gives us the Coaches Poll).

They offer a 24 inch version for $5,000 and a 14 inch version for $1,400.

They will even make an authentic Coaches Trophy for any university awarded a National Championship by the Coaches Poll between 1950 and 1985 (the current crystal Coaches Trophy was only awarded to Coaches Poll National Champions beginning in 1986).

LSU won both the Coaches Poll and the AP Poll National Championships in 1958. That means LSU could order a crystal Coaches Trophy for 1958. Anyone think LSU should order a crystal Coaches Trophy for 1958, so that we would have three crystal Coaches Trophies to display?
    :crystal: :crystal: :crystal:

I wonder what the AP and the Coaches gave us in 1958 for being named their National Champions. Anybody know?

EDIT: I just realized you already found the $1,400 trophies, but wanted that company who made the $129 trophies to make one for 2007 LSU like they did for 2006 Florida. I imagine somebody should contact them and ask them if they are planning to produce 2007 replicas of the Coaches Trophy. You said that "This year they are not making one." Is that what the company told you?

7. GEAUX TIGERS

They stated this is the one for this year.

http://www.danburymint.com/sports/product.asp?code=7189-0172

:sob:

8. mindy

mindy Founding Member

Here are some pics of mine, ADT was the sponser back then of the trophy but now I think it just has the coaches trophey written on the top part?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

$1400 is a little steep for me.

10. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Could one of yaw include my name, or in care of, or just on behalf of myself? I would do it but I gotta see if one of yaw will work for my sorry azz. Cheap too!

Whats so wrong with a mini?