Legitimate Political Discourse

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

well yeah basically everywhere outside america, where we go to incredible lengths to do right by minorities. outside of america racism is a horrible scourge. like in kenya where kikuyus despise kisii and beat them up and wont hang out with them.

in america we have basically zero structral racism except for in some institutions like universities and woke corporations that hugely favor blacks at the expense of asians etc. i dont think humankind has the capability to get any less racist than modern america.
    the most telling stat is that the US is basically globally unique on whether we give a shit if another race lives next door.

there is no large corporation or good university, or really any pathway to the upper class that doesnt prefer blacks. if you are a black kid in an american high school that tries hard and wants to major in engineering and did well in school and the SAT, the world is yours for the taking. nobody on earth who isnt from a rich family has it better.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yea my view is tainted from the Americanized perspective for sure. I can see that you can have a view but just not have a chance to act on it based on circumstances. However, I still believe there is not this widespread closet racist America who is racist, yet just doesn't act on it.

The problem I think is that in America, the term has been weaponized and now this word has little to no meaning. People who would call themselves racist in America likely would be seen as neutral compared to actual racism around other parts of the world is my guess.

I might have to alter my view on beliefs, though with Americans and our access to great freedoms, I find it hard to believe in something and not act upon it.

For example as you said you were an Atheist, would this belief include you viewing religious activities as stupid therefore your belief means you alter the things you would "not" do in this regard? Like, stay away from church or religious functions as an example?

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I cannot reconcile in my head how if I hated someone or something or some group of people that I would NOT act in a certain manner if I found my self around said person/persons.

So, If I said "I hate black people" and "meant" it, I think I would act a certain way towards black people naturally.

Make sense?

I couldn't have this belief that I hate them and then go play games with them. Doesn't make any sense to me.

However, Martins scenario does make sense as you can be in a country with only one race, so I get that aspect.

4. msully

msully Founding Member

What do you think about The great reset ?