Legalize Cannabis

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Frogleg, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

What about Jim Belushi? He has a pot farm in Oregon

2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

[​IMG]

kcal and Bengal B like this.
  3. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

I was in southern Clorado last week. Rio Grande National Forrest. Most of the old growth Spruce is dead on the western part of the Continental Divide. Only new growth Spruce growing under the dead. Drought + Beatles they said. All the area needs is a spark and it will burn down. They are just waiting on the inevitable.

Edit: Except it is was the east side not the west side.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    onceanlsufan and GiantDuckFan like this.
  4. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Yep ... I know.
    When we were at Crater Lake last year, I was on the peak looking out over the valley below. I saw massive tracts of dead trees .... and I'm saying to myself .... ummmm .... ya might want to cut those before they catch fire. Because when they do, that is going to be a blaze that can't be put out.

I love the spirit of the NW .. but damn, those people are stupid.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. GiantDuckFan

you're stupid, lol, I live 40 miles south of crater lake,.. they've done controlled burns there and allow some timber salvage, it's a National Park, they try to be hands off as much as they can,.. fire's a natural thing, through the aeons the forests managed themselves very well without timber companies

people think man can control nature, but we can't, nature controls us

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

fanatic and GiantDuckFan like this.
  7. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Yes, they manage themselves very well without fire departments too! Of course to nature’s credit, nature doesn’t put up power lines nor does nature start fires intentionally with a fire bomb.

..... and I like being stupid. It’s a nice excuse! :p

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  8. GiantDuckFan

don't I know it, lol, stoopid is my middle name

9. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

So the MORE Act passed the house, mostly on party lines - although Matt Gaetz (R) FL is ultra pro cannabis. I like that guy. But far and away most Republicans voted nay when most Republicans are for full legalization (rec too), and a very large percentage are for medical. It's insane. They must be sucking overtime on Big Pharma's huge gold cock.

Mitch McConnell indicates he wont take it up. The idiot may lose the Senate. If i lived in Georgia i may not vote - you have Big Brother on either side.

The idiots stand against cannabis - against the will of their constituents, and Democrats smartly put cannabis legislation on important election ballots. It drives huge vote turnout every time - for good reason.

https://norml.org/blog/2020/12/04/h...es-bill-to-end-federal-marijuana-prohibition/

HISTORIC: House of Representatives Approves Bill to End Federal Marijuana Prohibition

https://www.breitbart.com/news/hous...minalize-marijuana-faces-long-odds-in-senate/

Dec. 4 (UPI) — The House voted Friday to decriminalize marijuana at the federal level and became the first chamber of Congress to do so, though Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell has indicated he’s unlikely to take up the bill in the upper chamber.

The House passed the bill, called the MORE Act, largely along party lines — 228-164.

In addition to removing marijuana from the list of federally controlled substances, it would expunge some prior criminal records for marijuana possession and provide finding to help communities impacted by the war on drugs.

Reps. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., and Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., introduced the bill, saying the government should not treat marijuana as a “criminal justice problem.”

kcal, Robidoux87, fanatic and 2 others like this.
  10. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

This is a bill that would stimulate the economy, reduce government spending on enforcement and incarceration, reduce friction between police and citizens, and affirm a commitment to personal freedom and choice.

Oh, and it's pretty popular with voters across the nation.

And yet, Senate Republicans will spike it.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    GiantDuckFan and Frogleg like this.