Latest on McKnight

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Feb 3, 2007.

1. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Please come play for LSU Joe. Thanks in advance.

1 person likes this.
  2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

before i address the McKnight topic...

yep, the place is crawling with sooner fans. and i have been torn over the hornets, because nola is where my heart has been for years. but okc is my home and i was glad to see them be able to give the hornets a TEMPORARY home.

now to McKnight. i am not gonna count on anything until it's official. i'm afraid that being too positive he is gonna be a tiger will jinx it.

my take on Miles. he genuinely cares about the kids that play for him. i would bet good money that he speaks from the heart when visiting with recruits, not just gives them a sales pitch. when one does that, they don't have to spend hours. short, simple, and heartfelt can mean a lot.

from what we have also heard, Miles doesn't pressure kids. he says what he has to say and then steps back. giving them their time and space to make a decision shows respect for them and their families. the hard sell, constant badgering is not being respectful that this is a huge and important decision for a kid. i really hope that the parents see that and see how Miles will respect them as young men, not just players.

1 person likes this.
  3. LSUCrackfight

LSUCrackfight Founding Member

I agree 100%. When he(CLM) talks to the media he fumbles occasionally. I had a chance to see him speak last summer at an alumni banquet in Many, LA and it completely changed the way I thought about him. He is what you would define as a players coach. For the first 30 min, he introduced his family and told stories about each one of them. For the next 15 min he spoke about the assistant coach that came with him. Then he talked about football. He was really down to earth and I think the recruits appreciate that.

Cant wait for wed. I think its gonna be a good day!:geauxtige

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

alledgedly when Joe told Nicky he wasn't gonna visit, Prick told him "Well have fun in the independence bowl or on probation" (referring to Ole Miss and USC for sure, and I guess somewhere in the message LSU).

5. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

Exactly. Many people in OKC want to keep the Hornets. The Hornets belong to New Orleans. OKC is a temporary home. NO went throuhg the proper channels to get a team. OKC has proved they can support a franchise but they need to do it the proper way, not capitalize off a natural disaster.

If we want to talk about this more lets start a Hornets thread in the Pro Sports Forum
    http://www.tigerforums.com/showthread.php?p=551761

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I know he's a sleeze but I can't imagine him being dumb enough to say that- especially after the other comment he recently got hammered for.

1 person likes this.
  7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Me neither.

8. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Nick Saban's actions prove beyond a shadow of a doubt whose cause is the most important thing in his life: HIS OWN . . . and when the chips are down, you can count on Nick to be OUT THE BACK DOOR and on to the next gig.

This man excites no emotional response in me at all, for I have known and studied the psychology of the Quitter and the Coward for all of my military lives.

LSU! :crystal: :lsup:

9. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Who edited my last post, and why?

10. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

Yea I saw that....you must have pissed off a Sooner