Latest on McKnight

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Feb 3, 2007.

1. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

[​IMG]

2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

He certainly is a bit of an anomaly. He can barely string together a coherent sentence when he's talking to a reporter, but he appears to have the silver tongue behind the scenes. I don't understand it, but I love it.

I mean, think about it. He steps on campus and BOOM...we land Perilloux. He then continues to pull in top-notch recruits, and hires whomever he damn well pleases for his coordinators. Dude's definitely got something figured out.

2 people like this.
  3. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

All the suspense will be over by NSD. I think today and tomorrow will be the really interesting days. Last visits are in the can. It's decision time.

I also am impressed with CLM recruiting. He has always put up a solid class.

:geauxtige

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Oh, I agree and that's why I'd get so dam mad when people would say Miles was winning with Saban's recruits and not credit him for the first two classes he'd brought in.

Several of Miles' recruits had roles in our success but, moreover, some people- out of ignorance- were acting like it was coming to an end.

I also agree about integrity playing a huge part and Nicky can't sniff Miles there either. After Miles unleashes his blood thirsty tigas when they meet it'll give new meaning to "Crimson tide" and blow the doors off of the border.......there's a crack right now but will be blown off the hinges.

5. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

Hopefully now people realize how much of an asset to LSU CLM is....

6. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

+1 to Mile's class and integrity. Even when he stumbles over words in interviews you realize he's speaking from the heart and not from some defensive posture that we had with Saban.

And McKnight seems to be a class individual himself, as well as his physical talent. For a 17 year old kid to hold his emotions in check, look at things carefully and not let the cat out of the bag tells me he thinks before he speaks. That is another golden talent.

7. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

The same poster from Tigerdroppings also indicated that the email he got from his buddy whose dad talked with JT said that McKnight liked all three coaches, but Saban had some negative comments about them that turned him off. That might explain the shutdown of any more visits, esp. to Bama.

Les cares about his players, whereas Saban, about himself (?)

8. GEAUX TIGERS

GEAUX TIGERS Founding Member

It keeps getting better for us! :geauxtige

9. "Hurricane"

"Hurricane" Founding Member

CLM is just a great coach. I remember the TN game when JR threw his third INT that was returned for a TD, and everyone thought that killed the momentum of the game. And then there is JR walking off the field, his head to the ground, and Les Miles walks to him, taps him on the head and acts as if there was nothing wrong at all. I think that kind of gave JaMarcus the confidence to carry the team to a big win. Then there is when the game ended, CLM talks to the reporter, then he tries to find JaMarcus and then walks to him and hugs him. What coach would do that??

10. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I completely agree. This is why I like when coaches stick with one QB...there are a lot of mental aspects involved.