Latest on McKnight

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Feb 3, 2007.

1. wbbigtymer

wbbigtymer Freshman

I sure like the your train of thought....I hope he shares the same feelings we do.

1 person likes this.
  2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Article correction

Prior to today, that quote did read as you posted. However, a correction was made and the ENTIRE quote is now online. Basically you just add the following words after Louisiana...."could also be there". Changes the entire context of the quote and shouldn't be used for reading anything into what Joe said.

And I keep saying it but Broderick Green is far from signing with USC despite tomorrow's all important date. Remember, it's just a date, not a mandate. He could take another few weeks if he wants as can all the recruits.

Good luck tomorrow Tigers.

1 person likes this.
  3. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

Re: Article correction

thanks for the fix....completely changes it....McKnight is a sealed box

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Re: Article correction

After Desean Jackson last year, and Donovan Warren last week, I'm a firm believer in there being no such thing as a sealed box. I would however, put money down that JM will NOT be a rebel. I'll be happy to eat crow tomorrow if he selects Ole Miss, but I don't have much taste for ugly birds. He'll be a Tiger or a Trojan.

Now I got some business I need to take care of.

1 person likes this.
  5. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

There is also the real possibility that USC could end up on probation depending on what comes out of the Bush issue. I am sure that is weighing on the back of his mind.

6. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Everything I see and think tells me the logical thing for McKnight to do is to sign with LSU, so that's what I'm going with. Distance to USC, possibility of USC going on probation over the Bush stuff, the talent level at LSU will allow Joe to play for the MNC for 4 years (a legitimate shot at least), and there is room on the roster to allow Joe to get touches immediately.

Come on down, Joe McKnight!!!

I'll go with DandyDon's odd, 60-40 for LSU, but my heart tells me its going to be LSU.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Realistically, you are right but I'm a positive thinker. I don't see anything more than a possible loss of schollies or other type of "hand slap". Time will tell.

I do know that Urban used that as a recruiting tool in helping to convince James Wilson to decommit. Strange. Florida trolls have started to infest more than a few boards with their "JM will be a rebel" nonsense.

I guess I'm just completely impressed that JM hasn't let the cat out of the bag (no pun intended) with less than 24 hours to go before announcing. He is one intense and mature kid.

8. GEAUX TIGERS

GEAUX TIGERS Founding Member

A USC fan just posted this on J-Mac's myspace.

" Joe Mcknight commits to
    LSU. He is staying in state fellas. Good get Tigers. Im not going to lie I was hoping he would go out of state and out of conference. LSU class is starting to look really solid. "

I hope it's true!!! :geauxtige

1 person likes this.
  9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Try not to let it get to you. The folks here can be a bit stifling at times, but there are some excellent posters here and I've had and read some really good discussions. You seem level-headed... hope you stick around.

Everybody's blood pressure is a little high and there are plenty of folks spreading baseless rumors; it's the nature of recruiting season, especially considering there isn't much else going on (and the men's basketball team just isn't getting it done right now).

2 people like this.
  10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Myspace would be the last place I would get my information from. It's ridiculous. Still, it would be nice to nab McKnight and hope it's right. Cupboard's full and getting fuller.

1 person likes this.