Landing a stud HS QB means very little now

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Jan 15, 2023.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

assuming wh has the think he can beat out dart or at least get backup snaps…

read elsewhere that he wanted more meaningful reps than scout team reps…

Perple likes this.
  2. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

3. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Howard has to crapping on himself after Kiffin lands a 4-year starter from OSU, who threw for more than 9,000 yards. Oh yeah, Ole Miss also has a returning QB! Either Howard and his family received a lot of NIL money or the family is missing a few marbles. He's in a worse position there than he was in BR! Just doesn't make a lot of sense!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
  4. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

"Grass is always greener" or so it seems.

5. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Good point. I heard a national recruiting guy on the radio yesterday and he said getting a scholarship offer is the furthest thing on most players' minds. He said recruits want to see in writing what kind of NIL money they will make before they will even consider putting that school on their list! That's freakin' insane!

Chipeace and Perple like this.
  6. Perple

Perple Founding Member

I think Starter Jaxson Dart is crapping himself, if anyone, not Howard. Kiffin will likely bench Dart & he'll hit the Portal. Howard steps up to #2 if he's any good. So, he sits behind a Senior 1 year again, he's any good. We'll see what happens.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
  7. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. They have three talented QBs, with the addition of the OSU QB, so I would guess the two that are selected to be clipboard holders might both be heading to the portal. Can a player transfer twice in one offseason without penalty if he transfers before the start of the season?

Perple likes this.
  8. Perple

Perple Founding Member

This ON3 guy I think is mostly right, imo. I think losing 5 or the last 6 games, Dart kinda played himself back into the portal. Kiffin doesn't trust him completely, thinks he can do better with another QB.

Great question on transferring twice in an offseason.

9. Herb

Herb Founding Member

A player can only transfer through the portal a single time without having to sit out a year unless they already have their diploma - at which point they can transfer as a graduate student with no penalty of sitting out a year.

10. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

It sounds like Howard is stuck with Ole Miss for a few years, unless he decides to sit out elsewhere or graduates early.

So how does that affect the QB Florida just released from his letter of intent because NIL money apparently fell through. I understand he was released from Florida, but how does the NCAA view it because he was signed, sealed and delivered? According to the NCAA, the National Letter of Intent serves as assurance of an athletic scholarship for one full academic year. It also signals the end of the recruiting process and bans other college programs from pursuing a student athlete. Under the NCAA guidelines, it appears to me that whatever school he eventually signs with that will count as his one transfer because he was an official member of the UF football team. How do you see it?