Knowshon Moreno to NO?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Mar 13, 2009.

1. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Agree because there isn't a shut down Corner or Safety. That's why it really should be best player available strategy or trade down but just really dont see anyone wanting to trade up. I think they have a better chance of trading future picks to get in the 2nd round.

2. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

If we can't either trade down, or pick Malcolm Jenkins at #14, we should take the best player available regardless of position. If that were a running back, fine. I don't think either of those backs are one I'd pick at 14, though.

3. pjnchamps

Oh definitely wouldnt take them at 14 just options, thing about Michael Jenkins can he play CB...scouts say he could play FS which is a position of need but he doesn't want to so do we bring him and discuss this or choose Best Player Available. IMO I dont want Jenkins actually think he's over rated.

4. DarkHornet

If the Saints draft him, it will likely be to play FS. I was also apprehensive about drafting him to play a position he didn't want to play, but he's changed his stance after the Ohio State pro-day. He didn't have a good workout there either, so I think he's softened his resistance:

http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/nfl_tracker/posts/57042-beanie-blazes-through-ohio-states-pro-day

5. pjnchamps

Well that's good to hear that somebody talked some sense into him but still dont like him and think he's over rated basically another over rated Ohio State Player.

6. DarkHornet

1 person likes this.
  7. tboy

tboy Founding Member

I read the article in the paper and agree with most of the reasons Moreno is the better pick over Wells. I can add a few more reasons. Moreno has great balance and is more elusive. I wish he was bigger, but I guess you can't have everything. Did the Saints get their fill of Ohio State backs after drafting Antonio Pittman? Beanie runs to upright and doesn't play like a power back. I'll take the guy from the SEC-you know-the conference that beats The Ohio State U every time they meet. This just in, Buckeye players are overrated.

It is funny how things change in a few weeks or even in a few days. Mock drafts now suggest the Saints could get any DB they want and yet Kiper has them drafting Moreno. He made the switch from Beanie just recently. A month ago everyone would have bet the Saints would take Vontae Davis or Jenkins(overrated) if they fell to them. Now no one is sure.

8. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

The one thing I like about Knowshon.. is that he's a very good leader. He's a very hungry football player who loves the game..

Knowshon or Shonn Greene. Please no Beanie :hihi:

1 person likes this.
  9. tboy

tboy Founding Member

You have to take Knowshon just for the name alone. Beanie is just sad for a nickname. There have been reports that Greene is not a workout warrior to say the least and is not always in top shape. Obviously, I don't know if the rumors on Greene are correct. Knowshon is the man we want if we take a RB!

10. pjnchamps

I'd still rather take Darius Butler or Sean Smith and trading maybe a future pick to get in the 3rd round and take R.Jennings.