Kelly targeting Kentucky DC Brad White, per report

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MobileBengal, Dec 13, 2021.

1. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

As long as they don't aim for the head if an official throws a flag I think he should be fired ASAP.

Perple likes this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Of course I do, but I'm not sure any of the DC's of today are teaching that. I see it in every game regardless of who is playing

@Perple already said what I was going to which is maybe it has to do with targeting but I have to say, the new rule implemented this year seemed to work a lot better. I didn't see near as many calls that were upheld. They still threw a lot of flags but it seems the booth review finally pulled their heads out of their asses and used some common sense before having a kid thrown out of the game.

The counter to that argument is that this problem has been around long before the targeting call was ever invented. I would be over the moon if we got back to some hard hitting defense that put someone on their ass. Too many times I watched a RB run right into two or more of our guys and still gain 5 plus yards. That is just unacceptable and it should be embarrassing for the players.

lsu-i-like and Perple like this.
  3. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Lots of teams with defenses better than #62 set there average early in the season against teams with bad offenses. Our defense started off terrible vs UCLA. From the Alabama game on we were playing very good defense. If only the last 6 games were considered, we would be in the top 30.
    So Bryce Young threw for 302 yards while Bama rushed for a grand total 6 yards. 308 yards on a secondary without Stingley, Ricks and Flott. If the offense would have been just a little better we would have beaten both Alabama and Arkansas.

lsu-i-like, geaux9 and shane0911 like this.
  4. Perple

Perple Founding Member

I don't dislike Daronte Jones. I think his blitz package worked great the last few games. I just think we can do a bit better. Maybe I'm wrong though, Kelly might keep him on staff.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
    MobileBengal likes this.
  5. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I’m all for making a change for the better. Is that Brad White? I don’t know, maybe. I think the defense will be just fine if we keep Daronte though.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Tom Herman still available.

7. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

As he should be, both before and after we hire an OC.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

"Better" may be out there, but its hard to evaluate Jones because now it seems clear that O was having more input than he would have liked for much of the season. Might we have beaten UCLA, or Auburn, had we seen Jones with a free hand from Day 1?

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Apparently a swing and a miss on White. Best not let Jones get too far away, may have to pay him more or get left without a DC

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Have faith. Patience.