Join BatonRougeTeaParty.net

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

here are a few alternatives i had.

1. Executive order banning all PAC and Lobbying firms from making any contact with politicians. Make politicians learn to think for themselves or at least do whats best for the people they are representing.
    2. Close the Borders.
    3. 22% flat tax to replace federal income tax, corp tax employee tax.
    4. Take the 1 Billion we promised the Palestinians to build a bomb factory (i mean school) and use that money for schools here. Give 30% to the best performing school in the US in a grant designed to teach other schools how to follow their example.
    5. I would not have signed the spending bill Obama signed. I would have sent it back to congress in pieces and threatened them that if they want a fight, bring it on.
    6. Enact new legislation to regulate mortgage loans. Companies can not sell mortgages in bulk as commodities. 5 and 8 year ARMs are banned. Total monthly note on home mortgages can not exceed 35% of total reported earning of the borrower.
    7. Lower the amount of H1B Visas available per year.
    8. Eliminate the $4 billion contract (with an additional $4 billion in cost overruns) for the new Marine Ones fleet.
    9. I would have actually used the "stimulus" money to build REAL things. Repair the bridges and interstate highway system.
    10. The $1 Billion we send to the UN annually will get reduced greatly. No reason we should pay 25% of the UN's total operating budget.

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

You have my vote!:thumb:

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

A lot of common sense thinking there, Krypto. Which is why you'll hear none of these ideas coming from Washington.:nope:

1 person likes this.
  4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Excuse me, but so what? That makes murder, OK? :huh:

Furthermore . . . did they get those Uzi's and streetsweepers with welfare money? Or did they get them with crack money profits. . . lots of crack profits and then proceeded to start killing each other, the police, and anybody else that disrespected them. That ain't poverty at work, that's violent crime at work. Why are you defending these miscreants?

That's exactly what they said. It's in the record. Crack violence created a public outcry to get it under control and much of it was from the black community.

Show me one single bill, law, or legal document that says this. They didn't want it ending up in any neighborhood. The communities being protected the most from crack violence were black communities. I was around when these crack penalties were enacted and the reasoning was that crack itself caused violence among its users, not because black people preferred it to powder.

The Crips and the Bloods are both cartels by definition and moved far beyond street gang status decades ago. A cartel is an explicit agreement among firms. It is a formal organization of producers that agree to coordinate prices and production. Crips and Bloods are national organized crime organizations, are affiliated with other organizations in their line of work, with whom they set and control prices of their product.

1 person likes this.
  5. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Pretty good...:thumb:

6. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

I still don't agree.

And what part of this govt spending has led to a better economy?

Instead of wasting the money they have printed now I would argue they could have easily just given that money back to the taxpayers to spend "in" the economy not "on" the economy.

The govt. is not the answer.

And yes things would have been bad. It is called a business cycle. Keep propping it up and the eventual crash will be even worse.

1 person likes this.
  7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I actually do agree with you!:redface::rofl:

8. red55

Overnight? None of it. By this time next year? Almost all of it. All it needs to do is get spent to help drive the economy.

Tax rebates and tax refunds did not work in the last 8 years and have resulted in increased deficits.

And the money is not just "printed". That would lead to quick runaway inflation, which we do not and never have had. Instead we borrow the money, which leads to high interest payments on the debt, creating steady long-term inflation.

9. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Some would argue they worked fine as the economy was trucking along and that the reason the deficit was up was due to runaway spending. I do however agree that tax cuts today will not stimulate the economy the way infrastructure spending will.

10. red55

I believe the income cuts and increased spending were two sides of the same sword. They had the same effect--spending more than was taken in.