Joe Paterno fired by Board of Trustees

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Nov 9, 2011.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I agree. He was just not a university employee with the responsibility or authority of his bosses.

2. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Yeah .. I read that earlier this moring. So much for giving Paterno the benefit of the doubt. He had no intention of doing anything about this.

There's a whole lot of stuff going on with this.

If it is true, that according to PA law, it is a crime not to report such, then everyone who knew about it, From the Grad Assistant, his Dad, Paterno, Curley, Schultz, and lord knows who else needs to be prosecuted.

3. Tiger in TX

Tiger in TX Quack

Moral Obligation.......

4. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

"Hey guys!---psssst, hey GUYS! There's an ESPN van over there!

Go for it!

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

28 year old Grad Assistant actually who worked for the football program since 2000. Old enough to almost have a 10 year old himself.

To paint him as some wet behind the ears kid is nowhere near reality.

Interestingly enough, he is their recruiting coordinator. Is that why they are mulling over whether he should be fired or not? Is this goddamn institution going to get it in their heads, it's not about Penn State football at this point?

Joe Paterno Fired: Why Mike McQueary Has To Be Next To Go for Penn State | Bleacher Report

They ran a poll on that bleacherreport article and over 95 percent voted that McQueary should be fired.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Fck that. The moment he saw it, he had a chance, one chance mind you, TO DO THE RIGHT FKCING THING….

1 person likes this.
  7. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Well, you do tread lightly, but not during games, LOL.

During games you and your son have been known to "kick their big red asses!"

:hihi:

8. CaseyLSU

CaseyLSU Founding Member

I was listening to ESPN Radio this morning on my way in to work, and a guy on there said, "You know, nobody's perfect. How many of you have ever witnessed something that you probably should have done something about but didn't?"

And all I could think was, we're not talking about witnessing someone take money out of a register or something minor like that. We're talking about MOLESTATION of CHILDREN!!!!! You don't get a pass from me.

9. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

McQueary should be fired effective immediately. It's easy to say he should have done more (and he should have) but if you put yourself in his shoes, you might be able to at least understand his action/reaction even if you don't agree with it. I never thought I would say these words but Skip Bayless made a great point regarding McQueary in First Take this morning; in fact, he said exactly what I was thinking. In short, MM was a young grad assistant who grew up in the shadow of and played at Happy Valley. He revered those coaches who were institutions and larger than life. Image his shock at seeing one of his idols committing the unspeakable. He was in shock, scared and panicked so he went home and called his dad. "What do I do?" "Son, you've got to tell Joe Pa." So he did. Image Joe Pa said something like this. "You did the right thing telling me. I'll take care of things from here, don't you worry about it. And we don't need a scandal that could ruin a man until we know exactly what happened. So, let's just leave it in the hands of the authorities." Joe Pa calls the AD and says "Sandusky just got caught in the shower with a kid." They decide to keep it in-house, again. That's speculation of course but it seems a reasonable scenario to me. The GA has to carry some guilt and blame for not doing more but Joe Pa, the most powerful man on campus, holds the brunt of responsibility.

10. CaseyLSU

CaseyLSU Founding Member

And after everything was sufficiently swept under the rug, the GA gets a permanent position. Something else that is rotten in the State of Penn.

I would like to think that if I were that GA, and I reported it and could see that nothing had been done, that I would have taken it to other authorities and not accepted a permanent position with that institution.

How much loyalty is too much?

1 person likes this.