Joe Paterno fired by Board of Trustees

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Nov 9, 2011.

1. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

I'm not disagreeing, but this applies to everyone involved with the situation. EVERYONE.

2. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

Maybe, but I share the sentiment. Coach Robinson was from Louisiana, the head coach of a small college in rural north Louisiana. What he accomplished with the resources and facilities at hand is really staggering. He is often overlooked and seldom mentioned among the elite of college coaches, but he should be.

Regarding the comment of innocent until proven guilty - when Joe Pa said he wished he’d done more or something like that, he admitted he knew what was going on and walked away from protecting those young boys and doing the right thing.
    :eek:ldskule:

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I'm sorry, but that's crazy.

I know you love the man dearly, but the facts are the facts.

The President is fired. The AD will soon follow suit after they take care of some loose ends regarding legal matters. A few others are coming, including Coach McQueary.

Paterno isn't a scapegoat in this matter. They just did the right thing and fired him. He was the ultimate man in power back in 2002 (more power than the AD or President, this is widely known). All of this is on his watch more than anyone there at that University at that time.

4. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

Sorry, but I have to disagree. He, along with other Penn State administrators, apparently thought more of Joe Pa, Penn State and its fabled football team’s reputation than he did of these young boys.
    :eek:ldskule:

5. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

100% agreed.

JoePa was the figurehead, but they all must go, and now.

The clean-up cannot and will not happen until all affiliated with the cover-up of this heinous act are fired and prosecuted(where applicable).

6. LSUTyga73

Then why did JoePa report the incident to the athletic director?

JoePa was not the one that came across the situation. It was a graduate assistant. Why did he never come forth to authorities?

Btw, the incidents occurred before 2002 as well and somehow that Scumbag never got caught despite the police being aware of it.

Sandusky retired from the program in 1999, so it's not like it was happening as he was coaching with JoePa at the time, as I first assumed.

Having said all that, JoePa deserved to be fired. It's sad but again, I don't think he deserves the bulk of the blame and attention that he is getting.

7. LSUTyga73

Ultimately, I don't think Paterno was the highest authority in the matter. It was the athletic director, president, and the police if they knew about it.

8. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Totally agree. Joe Pa does not get a pass! He kicked the matter upstairs in 2002? BFD! Did he then not give a crap that he saw the perp regularly on campus, working and socializing, with essentially full access to the sports complex--and didn't question why the piece of crap was not behind bars????

Joe is dirty--an accessory to the original crime--and EVERY act of abuse committed since is on Joe Pa! Disgusting!

1 person likes this.
  9. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

His was the greatest name and voice amongst all of them, though.

He knew, and he didn't protect the kid(s).

He was Penn State football.

Deferring to a "higher authority" to right a wrong is the same trick the Catholic Church used too.

It didn't work for them either.

10. Fang

Fang Veteran Member

Thanks for another Jo Pa post. Can we move this crap to a different forum? Dude we all have a tv we know he was canned. IM people if you want to talk about this crap. This is a LSU website not Penn state. Let me guess your next post will be Jo Pa gets hired as a Steelers replay coach. We do not care.