Jeremy Shockey goes down with "dehydration"

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by stevescookin, May 25, 2009.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

And that's where a GM worth his pay steps in and says no we are not trading for that loser.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

you have a point there.

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, very interesting:

Immediate effects of ecstasy can include

increased feelings of self confidence, wellbeing and feeling close to others
    a rise in blood pressure
    body temperature and pulse rate
    jaw clenching
    teeth grinding
    sweating
    dehydration
    nausea
    anxiety

As ecstasy may cause the body's temperature to increase it is important to keep sipping water to prevent dehydration.

Ecstasy Factsheet - NSW Department of Health

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

You know, This "team player" had to miss off season workouts for "Family issues". I wonder how his "family" problems are doing?

You'll know whats up when the Saints start bringing in free agent tight ends next couple of weeks.

Drew Brees was quoted recently as saying how he's getting to know his receivers and vice versa...he said that He's beginning to know where the receivers will be without looking at them and they're getting to know where the ball is going to be before they make their break, etc.

He then was quoted as saying Shockey was "coming along".

You read between the lines.

The real fallacy is that good players get the breaks...unlike the two practice squad guys who were accosted by self righteous girls in a parking lot who took offense at them "completing the Nitrogen cycle" at 2:00am.

They were cut from the team.

5. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

There is video of Shockey's "OD", now. I can't access the sites from work b/c they are blocked but I will try to post them later. There are many accounts that he crapped himself when the medics came to pick him up.

I think he was mixing drugs. Maybe oxycontin and coke. Xanax and methadone. Something like that.

This won't be the last time that he messes up. Sad story actually. I pray that he can turn it around, but I'm afraid that it's too late.

6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

CS you were right!!

According to a report by the entertainment web site TMZ, Shockey was found unconscious at around 2 p.m. Sunday at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas and was rushed by to a nearby hospital.
    Team spokesman Greg Bensel said Shockey was released later in the day.
    Sources at the hotel told TMZ that Shockey was at Rehab _ the name of the Sunday pool party at the Hard Rock. The call went out to the Las Vegas Fire Department, and he was taken out via stretcher.

(excerpt from the Times Picayune)

Rehab...of all things.

7. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I've disliked this guy his entire playing career. Even though he's a saint now, it's hard to root for him and i don't. I hope he gets his life in order though.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I know there is a reality show based on the Rehab parties at the Hard Rock. I am sure he will be on the next season and they will blame it on the 122 degree weather like usual.

9. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

The Saints sh*t their pants when they traded for him, it's only fair that he return the favor. Great off season program he has going there, maybe that explains why he can't make it through a whole season.