~Jason Peters has committed to play football at LSU~

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Lprimo, Jan 28, 2007.

1. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

If it were earlier in the recruiting season Id agree with you and pick up Proctor if he would commit. Right now though you have to pick and choose wisely the players you really want. With all the big time recruits out there, Id hold out on someone like Proctor. Who knows, he may one day be a better player than Jones, Francois, or Scott. I wouldnt take my chances though to lose out on a major recruit. I know nothing is set in stone, but assuming we get Jones and Francois, that will leave us with two big time freshman safeties with McCray coming back as only a sophmore. Thats 3 very good young safeties. Plus Steltz to mentor the group. Its not at all a need position.

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Watch if Auburn or UGA don't benefit from Corley's dislike for arrogant coaches (which that article about how much he and his father were impressed with CLM).

Wow! Can't believe I just made Tubberville sound meek?!?!?! :shock: Well...compared to Saban, Tubby is about as modest as a kitten. :cool:

3. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

Thats what I got as well when he said he was down to Oklahoma, Bama, and Tennesseen, but he will be taking a courtsey visit to LSU out of respect. Although his dad dis say that LSU was high on his list. Hopefully he is impressed next week. He would be a great fit at LSU.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

we also have to face the fact theres a good chance CJ signs a MLB contract. we need another safety as insurance at the very least.

5. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

There is word that Peters is committing to Georgia Tech. Anyone heard otherwise?

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

NOpe. I'm hearing the same thing.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

havent heard a thing.

8. lsutger

lsutger Freshman

Jason Peters commits to Georgia Tech
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Just hours after Georgia Tech was disappointed to learn it won’t get one of the final two recruits the Yellow Jackets sought, coach Chan Gailey learned that he’ll get another as Baton Rouge (La.) defensive end Jason Peters committed to Tech.

Peters visited LSU over the weekend, and also visited Nebraska and national champion Florida.

The 6-foot-3, 255-pound Peters is ranked the No. 28 defensive end in the nation by Scout.com.

Either late Sunday or early Monday, Gailey learned that Oxnard, Calif., “athlete” Malachi Lewis had decided to attend Oregon.

Given that development, it is believed that the Yellow Jackets will re-open recruitment of at least one additional athlete, most likely a defensive player.

Tech has 19 commitments after severing ties last week with Detroit cornerback/athlete Cedric Everson.

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Peters who?

10. K_Jay

K_Jay Founding Member

maybe that Peters was only offered a grey shirt is a good sign that the coaching staff has a good vibe on Francois, Corley, Tolliver, Chad Jones and/or Mcknight signing. It's coming down to a numbers crunch and we need to leave room in this recruiting class for these higher rated guys.