~Jason Peters has committed to play football at LSU~

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Lprimo, Jan 28, 2007.

1. SUTiger

SUTiger Freshman

2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Well well well. Looks like someone suffers from premature thread-ulation.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Peters offer was as a grayshirt but with the understanding that if there was room in this class he would be a part of it.

He told the LSU coaches he wanted to be on board. So, he either changed his mind or this article is wrong.

edit: The article is correct, he just changed his mind.
    If we decide to give a full offer I think he's a Tiger, but either way I don't think this has to do with Sidell.

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Proctor could play multiple spots--with us, a "position of need" where he could fit would be as a corner back where, we'll lose both starting corners after next season (Jackson and Zenon) and only return possibly one true "corner" in Jai Eugene.

Phelon Jones and John Williams in this class will be counted on early and often--and if not '07, you can DEFINATELY expect to see them play a whole lot in '08...whether they're ready or not (personally, I think they'll be ready). And it's yet to be determined where ATH Christian Scott from Dallas-Skyline (who's projected as a corner as well) will commit to (we're currently in the running for his signature with Texas, OU and aTm).

But we really need more than just 3 cornerbacks on our roster for '08 and beyond.

As it turns out, Proctor wasn't offered (from what I've read) so I don't think you have to worry about getting him...but I wouldn't have been surprised if they had offered.

Reguardless, the corner back position should be a major target for next year where signing 3-4 corners would be a wise, IMO.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I don't understand why he didn't get a full offer, he looks like the real deal and with Davis giving his best Tito Horford imitation I figured Peters would be a great fit.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

if we offered LD a full ride, i can understand JP's reluctance then couple that with the value of a GT education and I cant fault him. he's a bright kid and probably thinking beyond football unlike many.

7. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

What are you hearing right now as far as Corley is concerned? If we dont get Peters Id certainly like to see a top notch DE in this class. If not hopefully we can bring in Scott as a CB. I know it wont be easy to take him from Texas.

8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Gotta have 2 safeties, bud. And to be honest, can you really argue with having 3??? We've done QUITE well with LaRon, Jessie Daniels AND Craig Steltz.

IMO, 2 isn't enough and 4 is too many.

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Problem is it's time to bring home the bacon. If you need another DE Peters certainly fits the bill and I don't see any other DE that is a lock to sign with the Tigers. This late in the game I'd take Peters over a maybe with any other DE we are still recruiting but the coaching staff has a much much better idea of what the real picture is so we'll just wait and see what happens.

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I think Peters is a guy that has maximized his athleticism to be the player he is while Davis was a guy with a lot of potential that had coasted through his senior season. Therefore, they probably look about equal if you watched tape of them from this season, but I'm guessing the coaches saw Luther as having more ability to be an impact player.

Peters would be a nice pickup for us, but it is just a numbers game. His position was not a real necessity for this year, and his talent was not the type that you just can't afford to pass on... So we couldn't promise that he would be a part of this class.

Most think Sidell is a long shot for LSU, and he did not list LSU when he said which teams he was down to recently.