Janzen Jackson , Edwards, and Richardson from Tenn arrested!!!

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Tigerbnd05, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Herb

Herb Founding Member

So Tennessee now has prized recruits that are armed robbers and teen rapists.

2. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Watch it unfold, could end up being Kiffin's out for Jackson:

Janzen Jackson already has a couple of strikes against him, but if you read the police report, it sounds like he might not have been with the other two players when they actually went up to the car and tried to rob the victims.

Trouble in Tennessee - SEC Blog - ESPN

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

the very credible commenters to that espn blog are saying janzen is already out on bond.

seems to me that he's an accomplice if he saw them do it, left with them, and did not notify the cops.

4. HatcherTiger

Click on the link, then under Video Gallery click on the link for: UT Players Arrested etc

UT football players arrested for attempted armed robbery

This gives more information. Supposed one of the victims is now saying the alleged criminals should still be able to play football.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Sounds like a Vols fan.....
    you can rob and threaten me with a gun, but you better make that tackle saturday.

6. HatcherTiger

Corey B. Zickefoose, 20, said he was sitting in the driver's seat of a 1998 Hyundai Elantra on Cumberland Ave. when one of the players pulled a gun and demanded money.

But that's not enough to prevent the players from being kicked off the team, he told 6 News.

"I think they should still be able to play football, regardless," he said. "Tennessee is my place. It's my football team."

"Even after they put a gun in your face, you say let them play football?" 6 News asked.

"Yeah, it's Tennessee. That's the way it is sometimes," Zickefoose said.
    :huh:

Attempted robbery victim: UT players should stay on team

7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

thats really sad...
    prayers sent..

God please dont ever let our program get to this mindset.
    Amen

8. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

Generally the measure is what the victim saw and if they knew it was not a real gun -

9. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

Rumors abound that the fix is in... and it may be because of pressure on the coaching staff, not from the boosters, but from players involved... like they might have something they can hold over the coaches heads.

hmmm

10. HatcherTiger

"You boys don't understand. The players were only funnin' with those guys. They had the pellet gun to protect themselves from Bama fans who might be out to get them. Eveyone on the team packs something. The weed, well if was for medicinal purposes and you know how stressful balancing school and football can be, especially for true freshman. You can expect your iPod to chill you out so much. Yeah, I know they sped hurriedly away, you ever heard of curfew? Thats how responsible these boys are! Had Kiffin not given them such an early curfew they would have stuck around and explained the whoooooole thing. See its all Kiffin's fault for being too strict on his players and running a disciplined program. "Shoooot" (said in that classic southern backwoods style)"

[​IMG]