January 6

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jul 27, 2021.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Well, look at who is arguing with you...

This is complete waste of time. The democrats have formed a commission to investigate an event that they helped plan.

APPTiger, Buzz69 and LSUpride123 like this.
  3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I don't believe for a second any hardened, veteran Capitol police officer was in fear for his or her life against unarmed trespassers. No one condones what they did, but in no way will you ever convince me this was an 'insurrection' or attempt to overthrow the government. These alleged rioters caused what? Hundreds of dollars in damages?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    LSUpride123 and Buzz69 like this.
  5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

"Insurrection." Would someone who really believes this was an "insurrection" explain to me, at what point it could have been successful? Was there something that could have possibly happened that day that would have made the American people say, "That's it. Joe, you're out. Viking horn guy, you're in charge now."?

fanatic and LSUpride123 like this.
  6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

There have been many insurrections that were hopeless but were attempted anyway. Likewise most had no clue of how it would be accomplished.
    For the most part I think it was an act of rage fomented by Trump and his circle. They hoped to stop the certification process. This would allow them to use something like the insurrection act to hold onto power. Like most actions of Trump it was based in ignorance and vanity.
    Most of those who attacked the capital were dupes and were used by Trump. However there was also enough who were wholly engage and sought the violence. And no they weren’t antifa or the FBI. They were hard core Trumpsters who sought to kill Pelosi, AOC and other Democrats….maybe even Pence,Romney and other so called RINOs.
    To call it mostly peaceful is to fall back on the same lies the Democrats did during the summer riots.
    The difference is the summer riots while anti government they were inchoate and January 6 was specifically focused on changing the election and overthrowing the constitutional order.

7. mctiger

@Winston1 First of all, thanks for teaching me a new word: inchoate (in-koh-it) adjective: not yet completed; not organized or lacking in order.

You honestly think they intended to commit murders? If so, why has no one been charged with attempted murder, or conspiracy to commit murder, or any related charge? Why has no one been charged with treason? Fact is, the vast majority of charges stemming from 1/6 are of the "remaining where forbidden" and "disorderly conduct" variety. Fact is, the only death that took place on 1/6 was an unarmed civilian, killed by a cop in the presence of other cops who easily could have made an arrest. 1/6 really was "inchoate"; they had no idea what they were doing and couldn't have accomplished the very thing most people thought was the goal - preventing certification - no matter what they did. OTOH, in Seattle over the summer, a very well organized group seized control of a portion of that downtown, declared themselves to be in charge, set up barriers to keep lawful authority out, and for about 3 weeks lawful authority conceded. The very definition of "insurrection." If the protesters on 1/6 had shown up in Antifa and BLM gear instead of MAGA, we'd be talking about this incident as tame in comparison to most of the 2020 riots, if we were talking about it at all.

8. mctiger

Not much different than this, is it? Summer of 2020:
    [​IMG]

shane0911 likes this.
  9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

@mctiger who knows what a mob would have done had they actually caught anyone. There were certainly calling for heads. The fact that Congress escaped is probably the reason more serious charges weren’t levied.
    Again I think it was Trump who was hoping for more. The mob was his tool and had it succeeded in holding Congress away he could have done something. He has always tried to take advantage of the situation. He built the anger over the election to a fever pitch and wound the crowd up on the 6th, sent it on its way. Too many reports from the White House indicate he was cheering on and resisted calling the National Guard (his responsibility) to help. It was Pence who did what Trump should have.

Just like most of the summer riots a few were violent while most weren’t. BTW I hold similar contempt for the Democrats who egged them on especially our current VP. None of what happened last summer excuses January 6. I believe whoever releases a mob to act is the one truly responsible. On January 6 Trump released the mob he created. We’re lucky it fizzled.

10. mctiger

According to Politifact, either Nancy Pelosi or the House Sergeant at Arms had the authority to call the National Guard.

Here's Trump saying "peacefully and patriotically..." Show me the video of him "cheering on" the violence.

shane0911 and fanatic like this.