January 6

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Scheming to incite an insurrection as part of an overall plan to stop the constitutional certification of electoral votes would indeed be a crime... seditious conspiracy... and is the very reason for the January 6 commission.

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

so telling people to calm down and go home is seditious conspiracy?

lets examine the transcript from trump jan 6 tweet:

"I know your pain, I know you're hurt. We had an election that was stolen from us. It was a landslide election and everyone knows it, especially the other side. But you have to go home now. We have to have peace. We have to have law and order. We have to respect our great people in law and order. We don't want anybody hurt.

It's a very tough period of time. There's never been a time like this where such a thing happened where they could take it away from all of us — from me, from you, from our country. This was a fraudulent election, but we can't play into the hands of these people. We have to have peace. So go home. We love you. You're very special. You've seen what happens. You see the way others are treated that are so bad and so evil.

I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace."

so he tells em to go home multiple times and this is what passes for sedition?

LSUpride123 likes this.
  3. Rex

Rex Founding Member

No, it's not true.

And even if it were true, the place for a challenge is in the courts, not siezure and determination by the military.

4. Rex

Rex Founding Member

This is your typical tactic: to play dumb. It's neither clever nor cute.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Who wrote it?

How do you know its not true?

6. Rex

Rex Founding Member

I've already told you what would constitute seditious conspiracy. You're either very stupid, or pretending to be. Which is it?
    You mean after hours in which he had done nothing to stop the violence even though he had the ultimate power to do so, when Sean Hannity and the like were beginning to tell him to call it off, when Mike Pence refused to play along, when his fantasy was obviously beginning to fail... His ass was grass if he didn't pretend to call it off, and by then he knew it. His desperate tweet is not relevant to any seditious conspiracy that occurred prior.
    I've already told you what would constitute seditious conspiracy. You're either very stupid, or pretending to be. Which is it?

7. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Because unlike trumpians such as yourself I actually read, pay attention, and make informed and objective decisions.

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i see so when he tells em to calm down it doesnt count. got it. when did he say to beat up people and trespass? i missed that bit.

i even read his admins plans to question to question the votes and none of it mentioned trespassing at the capitol did it? how is that part of the strategy?

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

the ultimate goal here for you isnt to suss out why we have different perspectives, its to insult the other fellas intelligence, and imply that you are smarter. seems possible this is due to insecurity on your part. you might not have the self awareness to see that other people can see what you are doing, but they do. the wise man might cut it out and discuss things like an adult.

10. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Any intelligent person would see here that I told you what would constitute seditious conspiracy and that your subsequent questions were stupid. I can't discuss things as though you're an adult, because your questions reek of tactics from a kindergartner.

Let's summarize:

Rex: Inciting a mob as part of a plan to unconstitutionally stop an election would constitute seditious conspiracy.
    jmg: So telling folks to go home would be seditious conspiracy?

As I said, any intelligent person would deem that your follow up question to my remark is either deliberately stupid or the product of a stupid person. I gave you the opportunity to clarify why you're employing kindergartener tactics.