JaMarcus Arrested for Codeine Syrup

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by bhelmLSU, Jul 5, 2010.

1. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

No, I think they get 1 and 2 because of the hype. While no one said that Russell was going to be the best QB in the NFL, how many times did we see the clip of him being on his knee and throwing the ball into the goal posts? Arm strength. Height. Talent. Talent. Talent. He was all talent and no brains. Remember when he held out for his rookie contract? His lack of dedication to the game as well as his weight gain was also an issue.

I think it's more than just the "law," it's where they were taken, who was taken before/after them, what was expected of them, and how they responded as players/human beings.

If you are taking the law route, Lawrence Phillips should be #1, because he is now serving a 31 year prison sentence.

Just because Russell is an LSU guy doesn't make him any less deserving.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Great points man.

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

4. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Must be a lot of calories in that cough syrup.

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Wow talk about disorder and stupidity in the courtroom.

JaMarcus Russell’s Friend Handcuffed In Court - Mobile Alabama

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

wonder how much he is gonna get for takin the fall?

7. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

what the raiders wanted back.

8. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I think the writer makes a reasonable conclusion for what went wrong with JR. But if he thinks he's aiming for a shot with the Texans, well, I can't imagine that would be any better a situation than Oakland was. I have to wonder why this guy didn't connect his own dots a little further....
    1. JR's a "Mobile guy", who picked LSU over 'Bama primarily because Baton Rouge is much more like Mobile than is Tuscaloosa.
    2. JR's downfall was due much in part to not being able to handle the urban atmosphere of Oakland.
    3. In the writer's words, Mobile and Baton Rouge are "New Orleans junior varsity" cities.

So, why doesn't he ask if JR has approached the Saints? I can't help but wonder what Sean Payton could teach him about quarterbacking. The big roadblock, IMO, is that JR and Brees are too close in age. If Brees were 35, you might think Russell would be worth a look-see as a reclamation project and the eventual successor 2 years down the road. Hopefully, Brees has a lot more than that left in him.

10. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Are you kidding?

The big road block is that JR is just a terrible QB who never showed any promise in the NFL. I wouldn't want the Saints to take the risk, and given that Sean Payton knows what he's doing, I know they won't.