Jamaal Brown out for the year

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by islstl, Sep 29, 2009.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

per Adam Schefter

Not good news.

Bushrod needs to step it up. A lot of those runs in that 2nd half were off left tackle or outside the left tackle on the edge, so he was obviously performing at a high level run blocking. I am more concerned with his pass blocking, protecting the oh so important blind side of Drew Brees. Bushrod did perform well against that great DE from Philly in week 2, however.

The Saints re-signed Nick Leckey.

2. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

Bushrod has looked pretty good so far in the first 3 games. He had a penalty this week, but even though he was a good pass blocker, Brown seemed to always skip the part of the huddle where Brees told everyone else the snap count. I can't say for 100% certainty, but I'd guess there were only maybe 3 games last year where he didn't have multiple false start penalties. That always burned me up. Payton too. No excuse for false starts when you should be watching the ball anyway. Bushrod will take up the slack just fine. Wish Jamaal the best though. See you next season.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Agree with both of you guys, but the jury's still out on whether Bushrod can perform at a high level for an entire season. He's been outstanding so far, but I felt better when I thought he was just care-taking the position until JB came back.

4. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i vote for no more injuries on the o line please. streif is not ready to be a full time starter imo.

5. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Bushrod is out for the Jets game.

Zack Strife or Striefe whatever his name is is now starting

6. islstl

Bushrod should be ready after the bye week, so we just have to make it this week without any further injuries to the O-line and we'll be fine heading into the critical Giants game. And we'll need every one of those guys.

7. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

So what are they going to do for all those tackle eligible plays when Strief would come in to act as a blocking tight end if he's going to be a starter? Surely we can't expect the tight ends to block, can we?

8. islstl

Jamar Nesbit came in as a tackle eligible receiver one play vs Buffalo. I assume he takes over that role.