Its the system.

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LaSalleAve, Sep 17, 2009.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Have you heard this statement before? Oh its the system, he isn't that good. Texas Tech, has had the ability to plug in QB after QB, and they have surpassed their predecessor.

Kliff Kingsbury finished his career with 12,429 yards with 95 touchdows and 40 interceptions, his senior year he threw for a whopping 5,017 yards.

BJ Symons had one year of starting, which was 2003, he threw for 5,883 yards, 59 touchdowns, and 25 int's.

Sonny Crumble comes in in 2004, and all he does is throw for a measly 5,116 yards with 33 touchdowns and 19 int's.

Cody Hodges comes in 2005 and boy did he suck, only 4,267 yards 33 touchdowns and 13 int's.

Harrell comes in 2006, and goes for 4,555 yards with 38 td's and 11 int's, in 07 he goes for 5,705 yards 48 td's and 14 pics, and in 08 he had 5,111 yards, with 45 td's and 9 int's.

Taylor Potts this season in 2 games, already is 70 for 105, with 861 yards 9 touchdowns and 3 interceptions.

WTF? :huh: How do they keep doing this, with whoever they throw behind center? Leach is only 1 of 7 coaches who didn't even play college football, Mangino, Paul Johnson, Charlie Weis, David Cutcliffe, and George O'Leary are the other 6.

Would this system work anywhere? If this system were implemented with a team in the SEC, that was still getting big time OL recruits and skill players, could it be modified to be a balanced attack, and still be really effective in the passing game?

It just amazes me, that this guy could take virtually anyone, and succeed on offense.

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Well being in the Belly of the Big 12 beast, this is a common discussion.
    It really is the system and also they usually get a big time QB to come to TT. The reason is any throwing QB would want to go there because they know they will play in the Video game offense. So yes it really is the system, although their QB is always pretty good to boot. But the fact not a single TT QB has made it anywhere past college tells you that Talent only takes you so far. You have to be in a system where you sling it around like that.
    Also it helps that they are NOT playing in the SEC because the speed of the defenses here off sets a bit. Now before you Big 12 blowhards start jumping up and down about that, yes I am aware that the Big 12 is pretty good but look at what Florida did to OU last year. That was the most prolific offense in college football history last year and they score what two TD's ?
    My point is yes it is the system and also the conference they play in.