Is Russia really the bad guy here???

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by onceanlsufan, Mar 9, 2022.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

lol racist hypocrite

2. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

One day, you'll realize that the "Russia is the Devil" narrative is a fabrication on the part of the US Government. The USSR is dead and gone, and has been for decades, just like the Nazis and Hitler are dead and gone.

Why does Russia have to be the enemy? Why do we have to project motive onto them? A cornered dog will eventually attack.

I still say, we should have offered for Russia to Join NATO on a 5 year trial basis. If they like it, they can stay, if they don't, they are free to leave. Guarantee you they'd be addicted to the increased economic boost. To boot, they always say ... keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer. Think of all the benefits. Russia wouldn't oppose the US and EU by default at the UN, anymore, as Russia will be part of the club. Syria wouldn't have been an issue. AND ... When the shit hits the fan with China one day, and it will, because unlike Russia, the Communists firmly control China, I'd rather have Russia on our side.

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

nato is not aggressive, they arent cornered.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Didn’t Russia try to in the late 90’s and Bill said no?

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

That was 30 years ago. Things change.

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Can you really defend what Russia is doing in Ukraine today? Do you think it’s fake news or a frame up?
    Russia is ruled by an absolute dictator and it’s not the old Soviet Union but another in the long history of megalomaniacs who is bent on power and willing to destroy anything in his way.

rockwallfan likes this.
  7. onceanlsufan

Never said I was defending Russia invading Ukraine. My intention is to better understand the circumstance. But, I'm sorry, I'm not buying this bs that Russia wants to rule the world like they did 50 years ago. That narrative is being propped up by our Government and if you think the den of narcissist running our nation are angels, then there is no conversation to be had.

8. onceanlsufan

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/04/bill-clinton-nato-expansion-ukraine/629499/

Clinton has definitely played his part. It's the typical lib speak. We'll let you come to the dance, but you'll have to stand in this box, can't dance, can't enjoy the snacks, etc. Clinton did a lot of window dressing, but stopped short of acknowledging that Russia is a group of people just like everyone else. Being called ugly at every turn is not a way to forge a friendship.

9. onceanlsufan

You underestimate the power hungry in Washington D.C.

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i see, what country do they want to take over and rule? belarus? moldova?

Winston1 likes this.