Is Meyer Having Second Thoughts?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by COTiger, Dec 27, 2009.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

At this point you cant rule it out, the problem with folks here and around the country is that they want to say oh it wont hurt the program. Its already hurt the program, because recruits and parents view it as an unstable situation. Alot of those kids can go anywhere else and play right away. Kids are already questioning the logic and so is the media. The only people kissing his azz are ESPN and local media.

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

yep, uf is permanently hurt by this. i hope gonzales doesnt have a moral dilemma over bringing this up to recruits. i think the biggest affect of this is not as much in the SEC but for FSU and UM.

3. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I agree, I think that FSU and UM will benefit from this. UF has dominated the state of Fla for quite some time now in recruiting, but this unstable atmosphere may just cause some of these recruits to change their minds. Obviously many of the Fla HS players that chose UF wanted to stay in Fla, which is one reason for choosing UF. If that is still a strong reason for their choice, being close to home, then FSU or UM are going to be a top choice.

4. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

Love this quote from the Wall Street Journal ---
    The link: Florida Gators Coach Urban Meyer Says He Will Take a Leave of Absence - WSJ.com

:popcorn:

1 person likes this.
  5. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Urban Meyer: "It turns out my family is incredibly annoying" on Sports Pickle

1 person likes this.
  6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

The son probably shouldn't have asked his dad to "pull his finger" so soon after the press conference. :lol:.

1 person likes this.
  8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Wow, a new way to describe a dis-functional family!
    Its really pretty sad actually, maybe his kids will feel the same way about him when he is older.
    What comes around goes around.

My wife has a job where she helps the elderly.
    To make a long story short some of their kids want nothing to do with them for various reasons.

9. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I hope everyone realizes that was a fake article in the spirit of "The Onion".

10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Yes, but it does sum up well what some had posted prior to the article being posted, and although a spoof on what CUM is saying it is a good reflection on the public reaction to his decision.