Is Meyer Having Second Thoughts?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by COTiger, Dec 27, 2009.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

A lot of coach speak coming from CUM, not sure what he's got goin on in his personal life, but I think the change of heart is only to protect the incoming recruiting class. He leaves this late and they have a ton of fall out, he says he's staying and the class stays.

IMHO, the whole health thing that they won't really clarify is that he is having a mental breakdown.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Thats definitely one of the reasons, because Matt Elam's father goes to my church and I know him very well. He was saying his son is definitely having second thoughts and has had them for a while. But didnt say where he might be considering.
    '

3. LEGACY TIGER

Thanks for giving supporting proof of my thoughts. CUM leaves this late in the recruiting season, and it would become open game on many UF recruits. He makes the recruits think he is staying and the class sticks together. Remember he said it was his players that changed his mind.

4. LEGACY TIGER

As mentioned before, CUM is pulling a Billie Donovan. I wonder how much of this resignation had to do with wanting more money. He did say that it was for health, family, and OTHER reasons. What are the other reasons? Is it because Mack Brown is making more than him? Some of us had mentioned in the MB thread that it could cause a ripple effect. Is this the start of that ripple effect?

I mean how do you outright turn your back on your family, after you make the claim that you are resigning because of them, as one of the reasons? How do you look your little girl in the eyes, after she says "I finally get my daddy back", to tell her that she isn't a strong enough reason for you to keep your word? I think that this whole thing might be some sort of publicity stunt for him to get more money, and he even had his family in on it. I mean your wife doesn't know that you changed your mind, until you are about to leave on a plane where when you get to your destination you are going to have a presser and you are going to announce that you have changed your mind.

There is much more to this than meets the eye. Especially if a man can turn his back on his wife and kids after he has claimed he wants to reprioritize his life. Obviously he just told them that they aren't that high of a priority. I understand knee jerk reactions, but I don't think there was any knee jerking going on, just jerking the public around.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Wow, what a tough gig, millions of dollars, 2 national championships, 3 out of 5 SEC East titles, 2 SEC titles, 3 BCS games, Tim Tebow for 4 out of 5 years.

But then, you have Brandon "Eye" Spikes, Carlos Dun"fell asleep at the wheel drunk", Not to mention all the assault charges, Janoris Jenkins, Riley Cooper, Dustin Doe, Dorian Monroe, Ronnie Wilson, Brandon James, Dee Webb, Bubba Caldwell, Dallas Baker, etc etc etc.

Maybe he is tired of coaching criminals.

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i wondered if the press was gonna turn on him. i mean, if he did indeed use them in his drama queen stunt, only to then say "never mind".

i was on of those saying "dont like fla, but i dont wish ill health on anyone, so good luck cum". but if it was all a bunch of horse hockey, then screw him.

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

so do y'all think that after nsd, he has third thoughts and resigns (or takes a "leave of absense") again?

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I was thinking along these lines.
    I don't think this story is over until after national signing day one way or the other.

9. LEGACY TIGER

That is my thoughts exactly. That after NSD he could drop the bomb and resign again, or maybe since in one of the ESPN articles it says he will be staying on, but no clarification as to what type of position. That part is still an unknown as well. As mentioned, this is far from over, and there will be more to this than meets the eye.

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

he is a very weak man. i feel sorry for his wife and children, especially the children. he clearly cares for football more than them. those wounds wont heal.