Is America really much better than China?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by USMTiger, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

shane0911, fanatic, mctiger and 3 others like this.
  2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i have talked about the confucius institute before, and chinese student clubs, which are beijing controlled propaganda orgs.

this month at purdue a student did something or other honoring the people at tiananmen square. from a news article:

"a Purdue graduate student from China, Zhiaho Kong, was subject to intimidation and harassment after he posted an open letter praising the heroism of students killed during the Tiananmen Square massacre in 1989. Kong told ProPublica that after he posted the letter, his parents in China received a visit from officers of the Ministry of State Security"

so like i talked about before, chinese people abroad cannot speak out, or their extended family back home gets it. and other chinese students harass him in america. and this is a really big problem. i have said before i think there are chinese-controlled students at LSU.

when chinese kids at universities in america do things like support taiwan, beijing controlled kids at those same schools will come and beat them up.

the president of purdue addressed it and says he wont put up with chinese students going around harassing or beating up other kids for speaking out against china. he also says that any student reporting back to china about other students freedom of speech will get it from the uni. good for him.

this should be be a big story on mainstream media. it never is.

kluke and shane0911 like this.
  4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

correct

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

correct